Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Portugal

I have been bad at blogging lately. Probably because the only thing I want to do when I'm home is lay down and do nothing. Pregnancy hasn't been good to me. I always thought that when I was pregnant I would eat a really healthy organic diet, but it has really been the opposite. For the past 3 months I've been living off a diet of toast and cheerios...and even that I haven't been keeping down all the time. But I think I'm finally turning a corner and starting to feel better. And the timing couldn't have been better for this trip. Still, I can't wait to meet this cute little stinker that has been causing all this misery!

The best thing about living in London is how cheap and easy it is to travel. Ty has been working insane hours since January, so it was so nice to get away for Easter weekend. We went to southern Portugal and rented a car and drove along the coast to different towns and beaches.


Ty was so happy to be able to surf...the water was pretty cold though
I on the other hand just got to put my feet in the water and watch everyone else surf. It still was really fun. And I have to admit that I was a little glad to have the pregnancy excuse becuase the water was so cold.



I wasn't very excited when Ty ordered fish becuase the smell and the thought of fish makes me sick, and I was even less excited when it came out with the head, eyeballs and everything. But I had to take a picture of the final product.


We felt like we were in the movie 'Just Married' driving around this tiny car. It was pretty funny trying to fit the surf board on top.





15 comments:

Marnae said...

I am glad you had fun. Sorry you are feeling so yucky. I do have to giggle about the all-organic diet idea. With Henry I tried so hard to be ultra healthy and by the time Millie entered my womb i am ashamed to say all I cared about was my own comfort. which of course meant all things fattening and bad. I still miss you and wish that I could talk to you everyday and you could lay on my couch and I could make you lunch and we could talk about the fact that the world has only seen our DH skills in action about 3.6 times and how sad they(the whole world) must feel about it. Miss you guys and love you too.

Britters and Parx said...

What a dream to be living in Europe and traveling for awhile! Is it starting to feel a little more like home? How long do you plan on being there? How far along are you??

Brit

Heidi said...

well tyler just ate every bit of meat off that sucker! sorry you're feeling so sick, that stinks. portugal looks gorgeous!

Karen said...

How fun! I'm totally jealous that you get to travel so much! What a life!!!!! I love that first picture with the cliffs in the back! Portugal definitel looks like a fun place to go! I hope you TOTALLY turn the corner soon and that you are completely better by the time we come! :)

Nanette said...

I love the pictures!
I'm also glad to see that tyler is wearing his new Rainbows! :)
See you in 20 days!!!

The Waites said...

:( You've been sick!? Thats too bad. It will all be worth it!! I love your pictures from your trip. I tried really hard to see the baby bump, but your still so thin!

Christine said...

How fun! Europe is the best. I am jealous. I am so sorry to hear that you are not feeling well. I know how you feel! The only thing that ever sounded good to me was french fries or plain noodles with butter on them-yuck!

Becky said...

Sorry you've been feeling yucky. You look good! Pretty rainbow pic. My sis-in-law is also pregnant; she says the smell of Cheerios immediately calms her tummy. ;)

Nicole said...

so fun! seriously, how cool would it be to travel around! and I'm so sorry you aren't feeling well. but in the end it will be worth it!

Staci Davies said...

I cannot believe all that you get to see out there in the world! Sorry, you are sick. I was really sick with both my pregnancies. It's not fun at all! It will all be worth it....

Nicole and Abe said...

That is so fun that you guys got to go to Portugal. Take advantage of the cheap travel!! You look darling, as usual. I am sorry that pregnancy has not been treating you well. I heard from the Dumke's about how hard it's been for you. It can only get better from here though and it is totally worth it!!

Katie Sterling said...

Em you look so cute and tiny! I'm glad that you got to have some fun. It's good to hear that someone I know is going through the same feelings. I hate being sick. I miss you! Good luck with everything

Anonymous said...

What an awesome benefit of living in Europe, being able to travel! Portugal looks incredible! Do you think that whatever your little baby turns out to be it will want to be a fireman one day?

Bryan and Marissa said...

I know the feeling I think i laid on my couch for 3 months! Hey maybe your having a girl! :) That is so awesome that you get to travel around europe that is such an awesome opportunity!

Janessa Whatcott said...

Em you look beautiful! Don't worry about what you eat when you are sick, the baby is just lucky to be getting something that stays down!