Monday, April 21, 2008

Auntie Nan

For Nanette's birthday, Jared surprised her with a ticket to London!! We had the best time together. She just left early this morning and I'm already having withdrawls. I hadn't seen her since OCTOBER, that is a really long time after spending every waking moment with her since I was 12.

I only have a few pictures because we took her camera everywhere, so you'll have to check her blog for the rest of the pictures- or I'll probably add more when she emails them to me. I miss her already.


The domestic diva in the kitchen making a DELICIOUS breakfast for us

We had to take a picture of these raspberries we got at the market because they were so cheap and yummy!

We debated about whether or not we should get this crepe at Portobello road because it was totally overpriced, but it looked so good we couldn't resist. Buying this might have been the best decision of the whole weekend, it was soooo amazing. It had strawberries in it and nutella warmed in a crock pot.

As you can see, by the end of it we were just shoveling it into our mouths....worth every penny. I'm eating for two though, I don't know what Nan's excuse was :)

Nanette and Jared have the same birthday, so I think it's only fair if she buys tickets for both of them to come back next year for his birthday.

Thanks for the best week Nanette!!

16 comments:

Max Fam said...

I can't believe you took her all the places you took us. London is over-rated.

jk. so fun, glad you had a good time!

Karen said...

How fun! I'm glad they got to go out so you could see each other again! Email and blogging just isn't the same! And sorry I'm not a good chef and probably won't be cooking you DELICIOUS meals when we come! I can buy cereal though and poor you a bowl! :)

Whitney said...

I'm so happy Nan came out! What a fun week! She's so awesome! I love the picture of her eating the crepe... it's perfect!! She loves her chocolate!

Jen christensen said...

For living SO FAR AWAY you guys get so many visitors. Your coat looks like it's working extra hard in the belly region. I love the belly!

Nicole said...

So glad you girls had such a good time! Man, I would love to come and visit sometime Emily! How fun that you have visitors what seems like quite frequently!

Nanette said...

I miss you already!!!!
I'm thinking about stowing away in your mom's luggage....

Heidi said...

That's so great that you've already had several visitors! We're coming to Europe next spring, so if you're still there we'll come see you too!

Karen said...

ps...I really like both of your jackets/coats! I may have to invest in a more exciting coat! Mine is boring and all black.

Danielle said...

how fun!!! you guys are probably the closest thing to being twins without actually being a twin...i'm so happy knowing how happy you were to see eachother!!!

Christine said...

Oh how fun for you two!

Jane and Stuart said...

How fun! I am jealous! I want ot come! Hope all is well. How long are you guys there for?

Marnae said...

So much fun to share London with your best pal. I miss you like the desert misses the rain. You are so cute with that tiny baby bump(I stalked Nannettes blog and saw better pics) I hope all is well and that you plan on letting me see you when you come home in July. love love love

Bryan and Marissa said...

Hey guys we are going private so if you could leave me your email address that would be great! Thanks!

betsy b said...

oh nan! i miss her already too.

Becky said...

I can't think of a better surprise for you guys! I'm glad you got to spend time together.

Kimma Frost said...

Em, I saw your friend Nanette at the climbing gym the other night and I was like, 'I know her from somewhere, she could be Emily's twin'. Then it hit me that she was the famous Nanette I'm always hearing about from you and your family :) (I think she thought I was a little strange when I said hi to her.) You girls look cute here.