Monday, February 22, 2010

Meet me at the Pacific...

We met Heidi in California for some much needed sunshine. Her time here was such a blast, but it came and went to fast.

Otis LOVES Owen and Sadie, or "O-way" and "She-she" as he refers to them. He constantly calls out for "Oooo-waaayy" until Owen appears. I'm afraid he's going to sink into a depression now that his little buddy is back on the other side of the country.

Otis loves Sadie...maybe a little too much. His hugs could get a little aggressive
Love.this.girl.
Otie enjoying his favorite meal...
Sadie also enjoyed her first feast of sand
Best buddies
It's amazing how long a bucket of sand and water can entertain these two
making castles with grandma
Yes, I did squeeze my big pregnant body into this old fluorescent wetsuit.
I think Heidi just wanted to get a picture next to me to make her look good. How could I be embarrassed in this wet suit when the colors so beautifully matched my boogie board?
Thanks to the Disney Give a Day, we all volunteered at the aquarium and got free passes to Disney Land. As you can see from this picture, this kids were thrilled to be there.
This car ride might have been the highlight of Otie's life so far. Grandpa even snuck back into the front of the line to go for round 2.
Taking a peek back to make sure "O-way" was still there

First and foremost, we missed Betsy in California. But the trip didn't end there, Heidi came to Utah for another week. More pictures to come...

11 comments:

Karen said...

It looks like you had fun! What cute cousins! I love the pic of them walking away on the sand! (And I just bought that same swimsuit for Brooke...I Love it)!

Max Fam said...

Tears are flowing. O-way says hi Otie.

Heidi said...

Free Disney passes?! That rocks. It was fun seeing you guys yesterday! And you should definitely start a fashion trend with maternity wet suits.

Kate said...

how fun! i don't think i could put a wet suit on these days though. you look darling!

Cherie said...

What a party. When is the next one???
xoxo

Emily said...

How fun! I love to see those pictures!

Nanette said...

Looks like a great trip! I'm sad I missed seeing Heidi. :(

Nicole said...

So darling! How much fun! One of these days I'll be volunteering at the aquarium so we can go! Ryan and Becky already did and organized a closet for 2 hours! Ryan loved it as he loves to organize!! :)

Hey you looked good in that wetsuit!!

Kati said...

Oh that looks like so much FUN!!!

betsy b said...

thanks for the shout out.
someone in the family has to be responsible.

such cute pics.

Becky said...

Fun!! Your pregnant body is hardly "big." I love Disneyland.