Tuesday, December 14, 2010

6 months and potty training update

This was Milly at 5 months, I think I forgot to post this one
At 6 months Milly is as lovely as ever. She seems to be very laid back and mellow- slightly different than her older brother. She chews on anything she can get her hands on and is absolutely repulsed by any type of food or formula. She refuses to take a bottle and spits out food with disgust. Other than that, she goes with the flow and seems to be happy just to go along for the ride in whatever we do. She has good stretches of 10-12 hours of sleep a night but will occasionally wake up to eat a few times some nights, which is always fun.
15lbs- 30th%
26"- 60th%
44cm- 90th%

I think it's safe to say that it's a go with potty training. We're in big boy underwear all day everyday now (or just nothing as this picture shows Otis' favorite lounge wear).
Potty training was my worst nightmare- like the time groceries were loaded and both kids just in car seats when Otis told me he needed to go potty. Of course you do, my sweet child. So I get him out and am helping him pee by the side of the car when he looks up and me with a proud smile and says, "My poo poo is coming out". Bullets. Sweating bullets. But we got through it. Anyone who frowns upon a toddler peeing in a parking lot or anywhere in public has never attempted potty training. I'm still hoping to witness someone else tucked behind the door of their car with their toddler trying desperately not to let the pee run down onto their shoes so I can look at her with a smile and say "I salute you, I've been there and I survived".

11 comments:

Jen christensen said...

Oh my gosh I LOVE Otie stories. He is such a cool kid.

Ali and Andrew Hyde said...

SO FUNNY! Ha Ha! I am sure potty training sucks! I'll be calling you for advice in the future! Milly is SO cute!!!

Heidi said...

I am in absolutely no rush to potty train Taft. It just seems so miserable. Glad you survived, it gives me hope. And btw, Milly is the absolute cutest.

Max Fam said...

that post was hilarious, I am still laughing out loud. Milly is going to be in college before I get to see her.

Karen said...

Oh Otis says the funniest things. HA! And potty training...definitely not excited about it. Otis seemed to do so well with it though. Very impressive!

Nanette said...

oh darn. when i read "potty training update," i thought you meant milly. you guys should probably start soon with her if you don't want her in diapers her whole life.

Kate said...

i need to give that girl a squeeze! we have to get together this week!

Mandi said...

So Isaac still pees in public. They always have to go at the most inconvenient times. Cute tooshie!

Laura said...

Seriously, I love your posts about Otis! They are HILARIOUS!! Keep them coming!!

Catherine said...

Laughing out loud right now and I love it. Thanks for this post, it just made my day!

Nicole said...

ha ha ha! Too funny!! I love reading your posts Emily!