Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Last few days in Iceland

We stayed in a house in Sulfoss for our last few days. Sulfoss is right on the sea and borders a really quaint and colorful town.
 The tundra. Ty was so fascinated with the tundra. It was like hiking on a wet sponge.
 Betsy and I were dead set on doing a hike up to a geo thermal river. But it was pouring rain when we got to the trail head and some hikers coming down said it was very treacherous and that you had to take your shoes off and wade through multiple river crossings to get there. Ty knew it wasn't feasible with the kids but let us come to terms with it on our own time. He stayed in the car with the kids so Bets and I could get our hike fix by hiking up to these hot pots, they were really stunning.
Iceland is a trip that I will never forget. Everyday I was in awe of the natural beauty around me. Having Betsy with us multiplied the fun by 10. Ty made the best CDs for us to listen to and Of Monsters and Men will always remind me of Iceland. Everyday was a road trip with stops at almost every town along the way for a dip in the geo thermal town pool. The kids were in heaven at the simple pools with waterslides. I really that we will go back some day.

Leaving Iceland meant saying goodbye to Betsy. It was a sad day for everyone.



1 comments:

Max Fam said...

if you think Betsy made it 10 times more fun....