Saturday, August 25, 2007

Off to Panama!

Well, we´re on our way to cross the border over to Panama. We ´ve always said that we´re going to win the Amazing Race one day, but this week we met our biggest competition. They are an awesome couple from Canada named Scott and Candy. They are the coolest, most hard core people we´ve ever met and an inspiration to us. They DROVE all the way here from Canada, just camping and winging it along the way. We got to hang out and surf with them a little bit and join in on a small fraction of the road trip. They just dropped us off in a hostel in San Jose. I don´t think anyone but those 2 could have found it for us. It was so nice of them. Good luck to you guys in the journey back home!

The hostel we´re staying is huge and actually pretty nice- but I´m glad to only be staying here one night. I just don´t think I´m tough enough to stay at a place where you share a bathroom and kitchen with a hundred strangers. It´s raining like crazy this afternoon, but luckily this place has free internet so I´m happy to be able to check in on all the sweet blogs I´m used to stalking every day. Keep the blogging alive people! I love it.

We´re heading to a town called Bocas del Toro in Panama, , we don´t have any info about it other than word of mouth from other backbackers here, but it sounds like an amazing place. I´m dreading the bus journey to get there, but it sounds like it will be worth it. I have a killer cold right now, so I´m hoping I can just sleep as much of the ride as I can. I was just telling Ty earlier this week that I haven´t been sick for a long time and that his immune system must be weaker than mine- and here I am sick as a dog- Karma got me.

We have made our final arrangements for London, we leave the 17th of October, we are excited for that new adventure! We love and miss you all!

4 comments:

Christine said...

Man, You and Nan are the adventure queens, good for you, but I prefer staying in hotel! Ha!

Becky said...

That's awesome you're enjoying yourselves! Hope you get over the cold soon. And holy cow, I could never keep up with you guys; I'm too cautious and a planner and a worrier and all that... Wow.

Karen said...

How exciting! I definitely think you two would be great on the Amazing Race. I also think Bryce would...me not so much though! :) Maybe one day we can all try out for it! :) Our trip for Peru has now been cancelled...plane tickets went up too high! So now we'll probably take a more civilized vacation and go to about 50 football games (fun huh?!) :) I'm glad you are having fun though.

broadwater said...

Glad to here where you are and what you are doing. Sorry about your cold. You might need to come home and get some of your mothers's homemade chicken noodle soup to make you better. keep in touch. xoxo mom