Thursday, January 10, 2008

Happy Birthday to Betsy yestderday!!

Yesterday was the most exciting day. Not only was it Betsy's 20th birthday, but she also arrived in London for her study abroad! We didn't know how we were going to meet up since she doesn't have a phone here so I just headed towards her place a few hours after I thought she would get there. So as I got to her street I saw a girl struggling with 2 huge 50 lb bags as she walked looking shell shocked and lost in the crowd of people and it was BETSY (she'd gotten a little lost trying to find it). I just started running to her- right in front of a speeding cab, but then she saw me and dropped her bags and gave me the biggest hug. It was so fun and exciting! I just love her so much and am so happy she's here.

Betsy in front of her new home for the next 4 months
After she dropped her stuff off, we walked around then went to a startbucks and sat and talked for hours
Showing off her new birthday boots


This is a picture from December. Nanette's brother James is on a mission here and with a little tip from the missionaries in our ward, we found out that all the missionaries in the London mission were going to be at our stake center one night for a Christmas program. So we got to see him! It was really fun. It was obvious that he is a great missionary and really in his element here.


9 comments:

Max Fam said...

I'm jealous and sad. Only a couple more weeks and then all my girls will be in London. boo hoo.

Max Fam said...

P.S. How stinkin cute is James Morgan. He looks so good. I bet it was so fun to see him.

Get on the webcam

broadwater said...

Oh my gosh, I didn't know you had posted anything, Wendy Morgan called and said she had looked at the pictures of my London Lass's. I'll bee there in 2-1/2 weeks.
xoxo
mom

broadwater said...

p.s we'll have to do a little dective work and see where Elder Morgan will be when I get there. He does look Great!

betsy b said...

you little exaggerator! i was not even lost. and not shell shocked...yet. aren't my new boots the cutest? what a wonderful present! what the heck...since when do the british have different keyboards? i can't find any of the punctuation marks. and heid...don't worry. we can't wait til you're here.

Weed Family said...

How fun to have your sister there with you! I bet you are so excited. I am so glad you guys had a nice Christmas. Happy New Year!

Nanette said...

i love the picture with james!

Sarah said...

Yeah Betsy's there! I am so happy for you!

babygurl said...

that pic is cute