Monday, January 7, 2008

Happy New Year!

Well, we survived Christmas away from family and friends! I really thought that the holidays were going to be something I had to get through, like I'd just hold my breath and close my eyes and not think about evertthing I was missing at home and it would be over soon! But really, it was one of the funnest Christmas' I've ever had. We had such a fun time together. Somehow these pictures got all out of order, but here are a few pictures of Christmas and our trip to Paris.

Van Gogh pictures at the Musee D'Orsey (Ty impersonating Van Gogh's self portrait)
Van Gogh pictures at teh Musee D'Orsey
The Eiffel Tower. I have know idea what happened to this picture. It looks normal on the camera, but when I put it on the computer that weird dark line showed up...oh well.

Hmm....I can't spell the name of this place. But it was amazing. We went to a Mass here and listened to these French nun's singing. It was so beautiful, they really sounded like a choir of angels. It was maybe the highlight of the trip for me.
Christmas Day at our flat with the missionaies, and 2 others from our ward- Jean and Brother Malcom from Jamaica.
Christmas lights on the Champs Elysee
We took this picture becuase we had to check out of our hotel early the day we left and our flight didn't leave till that night so we had to carry out backpacks all day and I thought I was going to die. I got so tired and freezing walking around.
I can't look at this picture without laughing my head off. Don't worry, I didn't let Ty buy this. But he loved it.
Ty at the Louvre

9 comments:

Nanette said...

What a fun trip! The Van Gogh pictures in the D'Orsay were my favorite. Were you guys too cheap to go to the top of the Eiffel Tower too? :) Way expensive! It is so fun to see all of your pictures, but they make me miss you so much! It looks like you guys are having fun though!

Karen said...

How fun! That's neat that you got to go to Mass there. We just got to look inside it! I love the Van Gogh pictures too! I'm glad you had a great Christmas. I was definitely thinking of you and hoping you were having a good time! :) Good thing we are LDS and have ward families anywhere we go right?!

Nicole and Abe said...

You guys are so lucky! What a fun experience!

Christine said...

I am so glad that you had a blast! I love Paris! How fun to be so close.

Heidi said...

It's really fun to look at pictures of the Louvre or the Eiffel tower and say, "Hey! I've been there!" Welcome to the club, that is the Been to Paris Club. I can't spell the place that you couldn't spell either, but I went there too. Glad you guys had so much fun!

Crawling said...

All I can say is how freaking JEALOUS I am of what you are doing right now! I think it sounds like so much fun to be living in Europe and able to just travel other amazing places. I'm glad that Christmas was great for you and that you didn't get too homesick. That is always good news!

broadwater said...

great pictures. Now I know what I can get Tyler for Christmas. How is the internet coming???

Sarah said...

great pictures em! i am sooo happy to see you had fun, knew you would.

Nicole said...

Looks so fun! I love the pic of Ty with the beret! You should have let him buy it!! Ha ha. BUt it looks like things went well and you had a blast. -Nicole P.