Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Helpful husband...maybe a little too helpful

I must first say that Ty is the best husband in the world. He was been so helpful with Otis from middle of the night diaper changes to playing with Otie when he's up and ready to play at 5am, to lots of dishes and now....laundry.

Those of you that live or have lived in London know how crappy the washer/dryers are. They are combined into one tiny machine (usually taking up all your cupboard space in the kitchen). If you're lucky you can fit a pair of pants, a shirt or two and maybe a sock into one load. And if you're even more lucky when the cycle is done 5 hours later they come out clean, wrinkled and damp- never dry.

So yesterday Ty did a load of laundry and I remember hearing him saying to himself that he was amazing and got the clothes to come out dry- I didn't think anything of it. So this morning when he takes another load out (bless his heart) he says, "I'm a miracle worker, that's 2 loads of laundry that I've made come out dry...it almost makes me wonder if..." then he trailed off. So this time I knew something wasn't right. I peek around the corner to find him smelling some clothes. I check the settings of the machine and lo and behold he had never set the wash cycle, only the dry. So with the many blowouts that Otie does, we were left with dirty, yellow stained clothes- but at least they're dry. To his defense, Ty did tell me he had sprayed them with stain remover. Unfortunately sweetheart, that doesn't do much if the clothes never get washed.

The great thing about this is that now after 6 months of living here, Ty has learned to use the washing machine!

10 comments:

Bryan and Marissa said...

Ha ha that is awesome! I also love how he thought he was so amazing!

Denise and Brandon said...

Hilarious!

betsy b said...

hahahahahahahaaaa

i can't wait for your next post.

Nicole said...

oops! ha ha. at least he's trying to help ;)

broadwater said...

It took 30 years and Angela's cancer for Zeke to learn to do the wash. And if I hadn't given him a washing machine I'm sure he still would not be doing it.

Max Fam said...

good story. remember the peppermint patty lip balm incident?

McKenzie said...

I am crying right now! SO HILARIOUS!!!! Way to go T.O.!

Nanette said...

That's awesome. Eau de Otie, I suppose!!!

betsy b said...

i'm sick of checking your unupdated blog.

helllo...
what are you doing over there? taking care of a newborn or something?

Marnae said...

Love it! And I love your poetry. You are one awesome mama and the two guys in your life are BEYOND lucky.