Friday, September 18, 2009

Millions of peaches...

I have always taken for granted eating delicious home made canned peaches- I never knew how much work went into it. Grandma Mimi spent the day with us showing us how the pros do it.Can you see my snaggle eye? This picture doesn't do it justice. I just woke up that morning and my eye was swollen shut. It was so natsy looking, I don't know what cause it and it was normal by that night. I wish I would've taken a close up and used it as my facebook profile pic.
I think Otie ate about 5 whole peaches throughout the process
The master

10 comments:

Max Fam said...

Jealous. Don't you wish you still lived in London so you wouldn't have to do all those fun things with family?

Cherie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Molly said...

that looks like so much fun!

ha ha.."snaggle eye" that IS weird:) glad it is better!

betsy b said...

nice headband. i know you stole it from me.

and that snaggle eye comment was funny. i feel bad for everyone that didn't get to see it in real life. now that is true humor if i've ever seen it.

great job!
i can't wait for my peaches!

Nicole said...

Yum! We've had a box of peaches at our house and they are so good! Molly loves them too.

Fun bday party! I loved the tray of Otie's faves. So cute.

Britters and Parx said...

Oh yum looks delish!!! I'm actually going to make homemade peach jam this week!!! YUUUUMMMM!!! =) Yeah, my husband owns Decade. It's up north about 10 minutes north of Lagoon. Kinda a ways up from where you are. (By the way, where do you live??) You should definitely come check it out though! Lots of the snow basin skiers comes to Decade. It's kinda on their way toward that way. Let me know if you are interested and I'll give you directions!

Christine said...

there is honestly nothing like home grown peaches. I need a peach tree!

betsy b said...

time to update peaches are not only old news, but out of season.

Sarah said...

I love your grandma!

Becky said...

That is awesome. I want to do that someday.