Thursday, October 1, 2009

Summer hiking

I stole this picture from the amazing photographer Molly

I can't believe summer has come and gone. I loved being back in the Utah mountains this summer, but I was SO happy to wake up and see snow this morning- it gave me butterflies. I'm so excited to be in Utah this winter. Here are a few pics of some fun hikes and other randoms from the summer.

We were totally unprepared this day. It was freezing cold in the mountains and the only thing I had in my car to keep O warm was this towel. So we didn't last to long.
Love the loop around Silver LakeLucky for Tyler, Otie only likes to ride on Mommy's back. I think everyone should carry a 25 pound weight when hiking, it's so much more pleasant
Otie loves petting zoos. The last one we went to he kept putting his face right up to the animals and saying "hi". But he ends up trying to gouge their eyes out eat their food so we can't stay long.
Not as excited about the pony rides

11 comments:

Candace & Winston said...

Love the Dino hoodie!

Max Fam said...

fun. we're going to have to get out and about lots NEXT week!!! Wahoo!!

betsy b said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
betsy b said...

very very cute.

you are so h core to carry a 25 pound boy on your adventures.

Karen said...

I second Besty on the "h core" comment! I made Bryce carry Brooke when we went! I was wanting to go hiking a lot this summer and then we never did. So sad! Hopefully next year!

Cherie said...

very very cute

Cherie said...

very very very cute.

We're glad your back in Utah as well. xoxo

Weed Family said...

How fun!

Ali and Andrew Hyde said...

Emily- Otis is SO cute! This is weird, but when I first saw his 12 month old picture he looked like Sara's oldest daughter Abbey- their eyes looked a lot alike...His party looked fun!

Nanette said...

I bet it will be even more fun to carry 25 pounds snowboarding!! :)

Sarah said...

hey em- seriously i was so tired i could barely keep my eyes open. this is worse than the snaggle eye. good thing i have cute eliza to balance out that picture.