Monday, March 22, 2010

Montevideo, Uruguay

My baby sister got her mission call to Motenvideo, Uruguay! She leaves in July. I'm so depressed and excited at the same time. She is going to be a great missionary, but I don't know what Otis will do without "Beppy" for 18 months.
Everyone making their guesses on the map. Otis guessed India.

The second video is Betsy reading it for the first time. She was so nervous and just blurted it out when she saw it, I didn't understand a word she said. The first video is reading the call again after all the excitement. Notice Otis' repeated "hi's" in the first video- he does that all day long to anyone who will listen.

9 comments:

Karen said...

WOW! I had no idea she was going on a mission! That sounds like a really neat place to go I think! :) Sounds like you need to visit Uruguay in the next 18 months!!!

Sarah said...

Oh my gosh Em! I had no idea she was going. What an amazing experience. She will be great.

Cherie said...

Glad the video worked. It's nice to see what happened that night. It was such a fast blurr!
xoxo

Nicole said...

So weren't we just talking about Betsy and no mention of a mission!!! That's so exciting. My mom told me on the phone yesterday and I was shocked in a good way :) Congrats Betsy!!

Lori Wyatt said...

I can't believe little Betsy is going on a mission!!! THat is awesome, good luck to her!

Kati said...

That is super exciting! I am with nicole I didn't hear anything about a mission when we were talking about her:)

betsy b said...

crap. i have such a man voice.

haha

thanks for the sweet post! i'm so glad you came down.

if only the HAM bone would have made the treck.

Britters and Parx said...

oh my gosh that is SO cool!!!!! Going on a mission was one of the best things I ever did!!!! One of my close mission friends lives in her mission! I'll have to give her her name in case she runs across her...so fun!

Kate said...

ok that video is hilarious! i can see why you didn't catch the location the first time she said it! so excited for her, wish i could have given her an early hug goodbye while in town last week.