Sunday, May 15, 2011

We're moving back...


Tyler got a job and we are moving back! Wow, as I write this tears are filling my eyes. Maybe it is a mix of excitement, fear, sadness and anticipation. It has all happened so fast that I don't feel like I have even processed it yet. Tyler really loved his job in Utah but couldn't pass up another opportunity to live in Europe. We are waiting for our work visa and are tentatively planning on moving in June. The plan is to go for a few years.

I LOVED living there, but it will be different with 2 kids this time. I already am having dreams (nightmares) of life with 2 kids, no car, taking the bus to the store, saving Otis from jumping in front of the tube and having to make new friends.

But the great thing this time is that I've done it before and I know I can do it. I can't wait to take Otis to the Science Museum or to see the dinosaurs at the Natural Museum. Or to take Milly to see the Crown Jewels when she starts liking princesses. Or to chase Otie on his scooter around Hampstead Heath. Otis will start pre-school there and I think he will love it. He asks me everyday when he can go to school.

Am I excited to live in a tiny apartment? No. Do I question if I can live away from our family and friends? Yes. Am I afraid that I will break down in uncontrollable sobs when Otis begs me to go to Grandma's every day? Yes. But I KNOW that this is the right thing for our family.

Remember this size of our fridge there? That should be interesting...
So here we go again. Off across the pond to another adventure. Cheerio!

18 comments:

Candace & Winston said...

wahooo finally a post! Im sooooo excited for you adventure!! can't wait to see you guys in 2 weeks :)

Sarah said...

Em, I cannot wait to hear of your adventures! You are amazing. I only wish I could go with you, so glad you guys have this amazing opportunity.

Nicole said...

Definitely makes me sad, but I will live through your blog!! And I'll get all the updates from your mom! What a fun and exciting thing, though. And now maybe Otis will remember living there! I'm just hoping maybe this time I can come and visit!!

Britters and Parx said...

Emily NO!! Ha...I don't ever even see you here in Utah but I'm sad for you to leave. =) I can't wait to read about your adventures though...I dream about going to London one day...you will just have to give LOTS of details in your blog posts so that I can vicarously live through you. =) So fun for you!!! =) I'm sure you know someone, but if you need help selling your house my husband is a realtor...=)

Heidi said...

You make good points about living in a city with kids and being away from family but I am still jealous with a capital J. My SIL's sister lives there right now (her hub is also a lawyer) let me know if you want her contact info. CONGRATS!!!! (Go to Morocco while you're living in Europe...one of my favorite trips ever)

Nanette said...

Um, tears? Yeah.

Kate said...

i love it. i love the excitement. i love that otie will go to school because he asks for it everyday. i love that you will be so good at having 2 kids with no car in an AMAZING place. i hate that i will miss you. but i love the thought of visiting...

Holly said...

What an exciting adventure! I'm with Nicole, I'll live through your blog, and maybe a visit?? Good luck with the move!

Laura said...

You are definitely more adventurous than I am! I feel like if I were to move more than 1 hour away from my family I would be upset!! Good luck though and I am sure it will be very exciting!!

Christine said...

How exciting. you can do it. You are a tough cookie.

Karen said...

Oh the fridge...that would definitely be hard! I'm sure you will love it, but you will have sad moments as well! I will definitely miss you. I'm not sure if we'll make it over this time, but you never know! :) Brooke still needs to see London right?

Max Fam said...

finally a blog update....If anyone can do London, you can do it!! Just remember, sisters by chance....

Amanda Waite said...

You are going to do great, Em!! I'm excited for you guys!! I'll be an insta-friend if Mason can get a job out there!! :0)

Good luck!
xoxo

Ali and Andrew Hyde said...

OMG! How fun! I don't think, no, I KNOW I couldn't do that, but it will be an awesome experience and I am so excited for you! GOOD LUCK!

Becky said...

So many mixed emotions... I hear ya! Best of luck. I really loved seeing you the few times I did. You are an amazing person.

Megan said...

How exciting for you!! Can't wait to hear about all your adventures! The fridge makes me laugh.....I think you're a stronger person than I am. Best of luck! If I'm ever in London again i'm coming to visit!!!

Krista said...

a bigger fridge is a must! i would love to have an adventure like that...what an experience! if you're not in the posh side of london...then there's a good chance you'll be in my friend lizzy's ward.
Lizzy and ANthony Dixon...she's a gem. good luck!

Tesera said...

I'm so glad you're here =)