Thursday, April 21, 2011

Green Eggs and Ham

For my birthday my mom and Grandma surprised me with 2 new chickens
This is Dr. Suess (because she lays green eggs)
This is Houdini (because she is impossible to catch or hold)
For Grandma's Annual Poetry Read-In we thought it would be appropriate to do "Green Eggs and Ham" and share our eggs from the week
Milly is so fascinated by them, but doesn't like them too close
Our daily eggs
Otie always comes in singing when there's a green egg
And just because I think it's funny, here is a vid of Otie catching one of the chickens. He is way better at holding them than I am

12 comments:

Sarah said...

this is so fun! your kids are so lucky!

Nanette said...

Ha! It sort of looks like Dr. Seuss laid that ball sitting behind her in the first picture. :)

Ginger said...

:( Funny I didn't see this till now after I just saw something driving down the street:( Sooooooo terribly sad.

Nicole said...

I'm so glad he's having so much fun with it!! Reading your blog puts a smile on my face. You are funny and so is that son of yours!! Wow, he keeps you on your toes--no wonder you had to have sweet Milly next!! :)

Max Fam said...

Owen has officially watched that video a trillion times. Love it.

Kate said...

i love that her name is houdini! and we are so sad to have missed the annual poetry night - and even more so now that i know we missed your eggs too!

Karen said...

WOW! Brooke would NEVER try and catch those chickens! I'm impressed!

Cherie said...

Good thing you got the chickens on video. Things change faster than you can say "Dr.Suess".xoxo

Ali and Andrew Hyde said...

Fun! You kinda sounded like Betsy in that video- you guys get to talk to her soon- I'm jealous! Tell her I love her to death and think about her every single day!

Meg said...

Every time I read your blog it brings a smile to my face. I love it. You and your family are quite entertaining!!

Unknown said...

Yay! I can see your blog. Love the green eggs!

Max Fam said...

your blog is lame.