Sunday, April 10, 2011

Virginia is for lovers...but we won't be going back

We were lucky to visit the Maxfield's in Virginia. It was a great trip and we had such a fun time. I love my sister, but I have to say that we definitely won't be going back. Flying with 2 kids across the country is insane and I do not recommend it to anyone. A few quick highlights of the flights:
  • Otis going #2 three times on one flight
  • Climbing over a sleeping man, then attempting to hold Milly while wiping a little bum in a tiny bathroom, three times
  • Otis grabbing the guy's whisky bottle next to us, opening it and dumping it on Milly's blanket...if only I could've had a few sips to take the edge off.
  • watching the first 20 minutes of Monster's Inc. 4 times
  • giving Otis an obscene amount of suckers to keep him in his seat
  • making ridiculous promises such as presents and puppies and ponies to get Otis to keep his seat belt on.
Maybe I'm being dramatic, I know people fly with multiple children by themselves, but I'm not cut out for it!
Watching these super heroes play was totally worth it!
FHE with the Maxfield's is always a treat
I can safely assume that Otis is sneaking away from Owen after harassing him in some way. These boys are Best Frenemies for Life
oops, sorry Heidi. Oh and he did this on the carpet in your playroom too:)

10 comments:

Becky said...

You've got yourself a colorful little guy! Sounds like fun. And work. Good job!

Heidi said...

LOL. I flew with both boys only for a 1.5 hour flight by myself and swore off flying alone with little kids FOREVER!

Meg said...

WOW! I commend you. Glad my sister only lives a three hour drive away and not a plane ride:) Your kids are adorable.

Kate said...

i would be a wreck! i don't know how you did it. i get major angst just thinking about flying without eric.

Bryan and Marissa said...

Don't miss that flight :) Hope you had fun!

Karen said...

You are definitely courageous to do that by yourself! Not sure I could handle it myself though!!! But playing with cousins certainly pays off.

SJ said...

Laughed out loud. Love you. Miss you.

Sarah said...

All I can say is I am just super tired reading this. Eliza and Otie, they are keeping us running! I am glad you went though!

Max Fam said...

you're not invited back anyway.

Krista said...

3 times!!?!?
we're going to N.Carolina in june and i'm soo nervous bout the flight, but so happy ryan will be there to help...don't think i could manage it by myself