Monday, September 8, 2008

Puzzled!

Brian and Debbie let us borrow this puzzle this week. It is definitely the hardest one either of us have ever done. This one looks easy compared to the puzzle that they're working on, but we're beginners. We finished it in 3 days though, it was so addicting. I would think about it throughout the whole day and couldn't wait to get home to work on it.It is a picture of the West Hills in Portland, so we thought it was very fitting since Scott and Minda just moved there. So we decided that we'd do this puzzle in their honor.
This was our "Labor Day" BBQ. We had a delicious poolside bbq with friends from our pre natal class. We are the only Americans so no one else knew it was Labor Day, but I was happy to feel like I was taking part in some fun this weekend as we were missing out on all the festivities at home.
p.s. still no baby. Just waiting. At my appointment last week the dr. said that the babe wasn't looking any lower- not good news. I think he is nice and cozy in there and in no rush. I think he's going to be late. And in the UK they usually don't induce until 2 weeks after your due date. That would be a long, long 2 weeks. I've been walking a ton and eating all the spicy food I can handle, but no luck yet!

14 comments:

Minda and Scott Waltman said...

Em and Ty I think we will get a London puzzle to do in honor of you guys. Scott says Better Late than Never. He would like to send you some of his spiciest curry but I don't think it would make it over there. He also wants you to find a mini tramp. Keep on truck'in

Karen said...

I keep checking to see if there is a baby announcement!! I'm glad you guys got to celebrate labor day in London! How fun that you've made good friends with women in your prenatal class. I start my classes next Monday! Hopefully they are interesting! :)

Nanette said...

Too bad labor day didn't have a more significant meaning!!!

Tiffany said...

i agree with nanette! i hope he drops soon! you look beautiful by the way, i can't believe you're due in a couple of days!

Ali and Andrew Hyde said...

Emily! I am SO excited for you! I hope that that little boy comes soon cause I want to see pictures, he's going to be ADORABLE! Good Lick with everything!!!

broadwater said...

nice work on the puzzle. Spicey food? are you trying to get indigestion? Well I think you will be coming soon, since you've spruced up the house for my arrival. xoxo
mom

Max Fam said...

Nice puzzle. Only 3 weeks to go until Baby Waltman arrives! Yeah!

why aren't you on the webcam, I'm mad.

mom said you've been cleaning. I tried that, it won't help.

Keri Cannon said...

Good luck with that baby!!! You are the cutest little pregnant woman ever. I hope it comes soon

Nicole said...

wow, impressive puzzle! I haven't done one in forever!! And good luck with the babe! I went into an appt and the baby hadn't dropped either, so they upped my c section percentage--yeah :( but things totally worked out and Molly came exactly on her due date. just think you'll be 2 weeks late and maybe it won't be quite as bad...i know, easier said than done!! but they are a whole lot more work once they are out!!! :)

Karen said...

UMM...congrats on the new addition! I'm dying to hear the details and to see pics of this beautiful baby boy! :)

Blake + Amy said...

Hey, I found your blog from Suzy's. I was a year or two older than you in Chi Omega. My husband and I are moving to Oxford in a month...so it would be fun to get in touch and talk about England. Good luck with your baby!
-Amy Young Clayton ameclayton@gmail.com

Marnae said...

Emily, Oh man isn't today the day. I have been thinking about you and the little man all day hoping and hoping and hoping. I know it is yucky to wait, but once he is here you will forget all the misery. Hope all is well, miss you guys.

Christine said...

good luck! Claire was a week late, and I won't lie, it was pretty miserable. Hang in there. Can't wait to hear the news.

Anonymous said...

Oh Im so jealous you live in London! Everytime I read your blog I think that! Good luck with the baby. Being a mom is the best!