Sunday, September 28, 2008

Grammy Cherie is here!!

And Otis couldn't be happier!
After Otis was born Ty had a week and half off of work. We had such a fun time. Since neither of us had anything to do or anywhere to be, Ty would get up with us in the night when little Otie wanted to eat and we'd talk and watch movies and sleep during the day whenever Otis slept. He gets 4 weeks of paternity leave, but we're saving the other weeks for later. But by the end of the week we were both getting pretty run down and ready for back up. And she arrived!!! Otis instantly loved his grandma. And I don't know if it comes over the years of Motherhood, but it seems to me that my mom has a few extra pairs of arms that I can't see. Somehow she cooks, cleans, soothes Otis when he cries, soothes me when I cry when Otis cries and smiles all the while. And I feel like I'm lucky if I've brushed my teeth and am out of my pajamas by 4 in the afternoon.
My mom also came baring gifts. She made this quilt!! I am so in love with it, I cried when she gave it to me.
In London after you have a baby, a midwife comes to your house for 10 days to check on you and the baby to make sure everything is ok. It is such a great system they have here. This is a picture of the midwife weighing Otis. He weighs 8lb 4oz now. I had to take a picture because he just looks so cute like a little package a stork carries.
In the ultrasound pictures we got, Otis' hand would always be tucked up under his chin. It is so cute to see him sleep like this now.


Otie all bundled up in his stroller. THANK YOU to everyone who contributed to our "stroller fund" at baby showers in Utah! We love it.

In the Snuggly ready for a day out on the town with Dad. Thanks to Aunt Jan and Uncle Jerry for the awesome Harley Davidson hat and booties! They are just perfect.
Otis is so cute during bath time! He's not afraid to scream at the top of his lungs at times, but he can also be so calm and relaxed in there.



Our little hippie. Ashley made him this cute brimmed beanie. And Rachel tie-dyed the onsie for him.

22 comments:

Brooke said...

Emily he's adorable! The first month is the hardest, but once they start to realize life's not so bad and start to smile when you talk to them it makes it all worth it

Ali and Andrew Hyde said...

AHHH! I am SO super jealous! That was funny about your mom having extra Mama Arms, you'll grow some soon enough. Tyler looks so cute holding him, new dad's are precious! Good Luck with everything!

Christine said...

Moms are seriously the best. What would we do without them?

Whitney said...

i'm so glad your mom made it out there! Moms are the best and make it so much better!! Otis is adorable! I love that the midwife came to your house, I had a nurse come to my house as well!! It's sooo nice! I'm glad you guys are doing good! Hang in there, we love you!

Marnae said...

Oh Emily, I am so glad your mom is there. It is so nice to have someone who loves you and your baby there to help. He is one beautiful boy. I have been waiting for more pictures and you delivered. Happy happy baby.

Bryan and Marissa said...

so cute you guys and such fun pics!!!

Nanette said...

I need to meet him!

Karen said...

Cute pics and what a wonderful mom to make the journey out there! I can't wait...to see my baby and to see your baby in person!

Jillyn said...

Yeah for Grandmas! I swear I would have lost it if my mom hadn't been there to help me, so I am so glad she is there! And oh my that quilt is to die for! So cute and so perfect! Stoked you got the new stroll! Otis looks so tiny in it! It will be perfect for walks around the heath! Just don't take it on the tube by yourself!!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh he is so adorable! I want my hub to have 4 weeks maternity and a mid wife! Thats awesome! Hope your feeling great!

Dave and Miranda said...

Wow! It's awesome to see little pieces of your new adventure. Otis is a darling. Good luck!

Becky said...

Soo cute, all of it! It is awesome when Grandma comes to make life a little easier and help you ease into your big adjustment. I loved your update and the pics.

Melanie said...

It's so fun to see more pictures! I been watching for new posts. He is so darling. I think Cherie is so lucky to be there and to get to hold that darling bundle!

Max Fam said...

Thanks for all the "new" pictures. Ok, some of them were new, but some I have already seen, so you owe me more.

xoxo
Auntie H and Cousin O

Nicole said...

I'm so glad your mom came! That's the best! He is so cute Em! Does his hair have a red tint? It kind of looks like it, but in real life may be different. And I heard about the quilt and it is so adorable!

The Calder's said...

I LOVE all the pictures! Mom's really do make everything better.

Jane and Stuart said...

He is so cute! Thats fun your mom came to see you! Well, probably more Otis.

Megan Andrea said...

emily,
i read on marnae's blog that you stalk my blog and so i am coming clean. i totally stalk your blog. you are rad and your baby is to die for. so beautiful. also i feel better that my confession is out in the open!!!

thebakerbook said...

WoW! He is so handsome. Congrats!

Chris, Alissa, Parker, and Tenley said...

Hey, this is Alissa. I can't believe I happened upon your blog! Little Otis is absolutely adorable! Jackie told me that you were pregnant and also when he was born. If you want to look at our blog it is alissaandchris.blogspot.com. I am excited to be able to see what's going on with you!

Jen christensen said...

I LOVE the smiling picture. He is such a doll.

Keri Cannon said...

Oh my goodness, he is the cutest thing ever! You guys need to make more babies...So I have a random question...tay and I and some other couples are thinking of going to Costa Rica on vacation in January or February. Can't you get cheap beach houses somewhere or do you know of any great resorts or anything? I thought you and Nanette might be good people to talk to about this...