Tuesday, November 4, 2008

COSTCO in London!!

*Don't mind the bags under my eyes, my raggedy hair or my dissheveled appearance. I have a 6 week old*

It was like a trip to heaven and back! As you can tell, I was too excited to really pose for a picture, but I was pointing to the "Costco" on the shopping cart. It just felt like home being in Costco, I was so happy.

A friend of mine has a car and a Costco membership, so we took the journey out there and made a whole day of it. Luckily my mom was still in town and could help me decide what I should get because I was so overwhelmed. And we did only have a Prius- so not a lot of room. Anyway, we were there for hours (I only had to go feed Otie in a nasty bathroom stall twice) and we left with a car packed to the max with just enough breathing room for Otis to survive the car ride.

I told Ty that I had a big surprise for him when he came home. When he saw our counter full of all the loot, he just laughed and said, "honey, I think you went a little overboard". And now, I have to admit, I'm pretty sure I did. But I have 18 eggs, 2 jumbo sized shampoos, 8 soaps, about 50 clementines, more oreos than I can count and alot more to show for it.


13 comments:

Jenn said...

I guess you can be thankful it's a big deal to go to Costco, cause I go too much and I ALWAYS go a little overboard--Erick never really seems to mind the gigantic muffins.

betsy b said...

sweeeet.

i can't wait to take a part of those oreos in person.

no more webcamming our little treats. that gets old real fast.

Max Fam said...

Roses are red, violets are blue.
I love Costco, and you and Otie too.

Bryan and Marissa said...

Fabulous! Costco is the best and I don't think it's possible to NOT come home with too much!

Christine said...

that is a little bit of heaven.

Minda and Scott Waltman said...

The real question, is did you get a giant polish sausage there?
If not there's always next time

broadwater said...

I must say the car was packed. Especially when you changed places in the back seat. It was so fun.
xoxo
mom

Lori Wyatt said...

Costco is the best! Tim and I go there sometimes just to eat their pizza, churro's, and smoothies! It's only like 5 bucks in all...yep, we're high rollers like that.

Nanette said...

My parents want to see more pictures of costco! :)

Marnae said...

oh it is the simple things in life that bring the most joy. Costco thank-you for being so big and full and colorful and in England so our little Yank can be happy.

Whitney said...

i LOVE costco! I could go there every single day and buy something everytime! It's the best!

Heather Strong said...

WOW!!! That's awesome! I served a mish in Sweden and we just had small markets everywhere - no Costcos!! I'm feeling really excited for you right now! What are you guys doing in London anyway? I have been wondering since I found your blog. =)

Jillyn said...

Oh my the dream came true!! I am so glad you made there! We are totally members here now and I have to say there is no place like costco!! And in London I bet it was a gold mine!!