Sunday, November 9, 2008

Homesick....

"If you were to assemble a United States play ground, you would need to locate a place for your capital. A place where the landscape itself looks like it was created by Dr. Seuss with a back hoe. A place where it's possible to wake up in summer time and drive to winter. In short- you need Utah."
-Johnny Moseley
A friend of ours just lent us last year's Warren Miller ski movie. As soon as I heard Warren's voice I started bawling. I've been going to his films every year with my dad since I was little. I'm not sure I can survive another ski season away from Utah. I can't wait to take Otie to his first Warren Miller. We've watched last years a few times already and he hasn't said anything about it yet, but I'm pretty sure he loves it. Ty is going to London's premier of this year's Warren Miller this Thursday...I know, who would've thought they come to London? But it starts past Otie's bed time so I think I'll stay home with him.

All I can say is that it better be a white Christmas....a very white Christmas.

9 comments:

JOSH AND ANGELA said...

Too bad we can just switch places for a season.... Josh and I have been trying to get out of Utah to go live in London! Thanks for the reminder to appreciate where we are now! :)

Heidi said...

I actually thought about this and you yesterday. I was with my brother talking about skiing and betsy's name came up somewhere in the conversation, then that triggered me to think "Emily must be dying right now." Hope you guys are coming home for the holidays and can ski your guts out.

Nicole said...

I was just wondering if you are missing the good ol US. Sounds like you are. We would love to be in London sometime, someday!

Max Fam said...

I miss a lot of things about home, but funny enough, Warren Miller didn't come to mind. :) Are you surprised?

I will babysit Otie while you and Ty take in the slopes at Christmas.

xoxo,
AUntie Heidi

broadwater said...

Home is where the heart is... hopefully your heart will move (along with your family) to the USA next year. xoxo

Nanette said...

You come here in 653 hours and 22 minutes, if that makes you feel any better. It sure does me! Oh, I just can't WAIT to see you and Otis!!!!!

Marnae said...

As much as you are missing Utah it is missing you right back. Well me, for sure, and Millie and Henry and Max.

Karen said...

YAY I can see your blog again! I'm so happy! I love the last post of Tyler and Otis! SO CUTE! Anyways, we miss you and I'm glad we get to see you soon.

Christine said...

Utah is pretty amazing-and I don't even ski!