Thursday, January 15, 2009

From the blizzard to the beach...

It was so nice to leave the freezing cold in Utah and go to sunny Huntington Beach. We had such a fun time.
you can never be too old for matching Christmas jammies


Otie loves his Aunties
Owen never missed an opportunity to kiss and hug Otie. They're going to be best buddies
This is a bad picture of me, but I will always have such good memories of this day so I had to post it. The waves were so good this day so everyone went to the beach and took turns surfing and watching the kids. Otie is hiding under the towel having a little afternoon snack while I soak up some sun and try to get feeling back in my fingers between surf sessions


And guess who ROLLED OVER for the first time?!? Otie surprised us and rolled from his tummy to his back. He did it 4 times in a row (but has refused to do it since)

Yes, I am wearing wet suit booties and a cap. The water was so freezing.

10 comments:

Nanette said...

I loved all the pictures! The beach sounds SO nice right now!!

broadwater said...

Oh it seems like ages ago that we were all together. Thanks for the post. Memories are the best if you can't be here in person.xoxo
mom

Max Fam said...

come back otis...come back.

Max Fam said...

p.s. thanks for posting the picture of me looking like a house with you cute skinny minnies.

Christine said...

It looks beautiful! And I agree about the matching pjs

Kate Nazif said...

your pics are amazing! sorry i haven't been in touch. we are moving into our house tomorrow and will be in touch more in about 3 weeks when i get real internet. andrew rolled from his back to tummy the other day but gets stuck and really upset. its funny- and sad. he is following in layla's footsteps exactly- to the week. she never did tummy to back- go Otie!! Miss you guys!!

Nicole said...

How fun! Yeah, I would also love to be there now! He's getting so big!

Brooke said...

I bet that sun felt so good! That's awesome that he's rolling over!

Marnae said...

I am waiting for the post titled "why my vaca to ut actually was only sub-par because I didn't see Marnae"
That is going to be one sad post. I am a little choked up just thinking about it. Seriously I am bummed to the bottom of my soul that that babe of yours did not spend a good 4 hours in my arms and that I did not get to see your face. Missed you and still miss you.

Melanie said...

So fun to see your cute photos. Thanks