Friday, January 23, 2009

You had a birthday shout hooray!

Betsy turned the big 2-1 earlier this month and I've been thinking about how cool she is so I decided to post 21 of my favorite things about her

21. she gives the best massages
20. she has such unique and cute style
19. she bought a dress that, to me, looked like a potato sack, but somehow it looks like a really cute outfit on her
18. she can recycle ANYTHING into something cool and usable
17. she bought a vintage bird cage for decoration- who does that? but it's awesome
16. she is very cultured- she's loves museums, art galleries, ballets, theater
15. she appreciates the small and simple things in life- she can spend hours looking at every little thing in museums and especially, museum gift shops.
14. she's always the life of the party
13. she is the biggest procrastinator- does everything, especially pack for trips, at the last minute
12. you could also say she works best under pressure
11. she is so organized- from her color coded closet to every tin for different pens and pencils
10. she is more dedicated to journal writing that anyone I have ever known
9. one flash of her amazing smile can make your day
8. she loves to cuddle
7. she loves to travel, go to new places, eat new things and never waste a second of the day
6. she's not afraid to drop a few dollars on a worthwhile purchase
5. she put herself on a 'facebook diet' when she needs to get down to business in school
4. she doesn't yell at me when I call her every morning around 7am to see if she's awake (I just called her but she screened me this morning)
3. she never forgets a birthday or special event
2. she still likes to be 'tucked in' before she goes to bed at night
1. she is very photogenic and NEVER misses a photo op

and one for good luck: she is so easy to love

5 comments:

betsy b said...

WELL aren't you just the sunshine of the morning.

thanks em!

you really are such a gem to say such a thing. such a few things actually.

love you soooo much.

Max Fam said...

oh, I wish I would have done that list. that was so sweet. I second the motion that she gives the best massages. we got lucky in the sister department.

Jillyn said...

Okay I have to comment on this post because I think it is so sweet! I don't know Betsy but she sounds like a doll. And it makes me want to blog about my awesome sisters! Gotta love em!

Nanette said...

Besty IS the besty!! :)

broadwater said...

Sister's by chance, friends by choice.You are all the best a mother could ask for.
xoxo
mom