Sunday, May 16, 2010

Southern Utah

Tyler whisked me away for a surprise romantic getaway to Bryce Canyon. Just kidding. I planned it. But it was so fun. We left Otie (with a fever) with my parents. We missed him and I didn't sleep well because I was a little worried, but he was fine and loves being with my parents so much that it didn't phase him.

We went on a few small hikes. The red rocks are always breathtaking.
The ever-growing belly at 8 months...made for a slow pace and frequent bathroom stops
It was nice to have some time together before the baby comes because I know it will be about a year before I can go anywhere over night again. I have always loved road trips, but a toddler puts a slight damper on the fun on the road. It was so fun to have hours in the car with Ty to just talk, listen to music, eat candy and try to ignore the fact that there was a huge baby up in my ribs.

11 comments:

Cherie said...

Looks like fun. But not as much fun as we had with Otis.
xoxo
p.s.
Did you find the cords or take the card?

Karen said...

I'm so glad you guys got to go away just the two of you. Good planning! It looks like you had fun. And I love all the other posts too. We still need to buy a little bike for Brooke...maybe one day! :)

Nanette said...

Looks like a blast!!

Jen christensen said...

I can't wait to see your little girl's sweet face! I bet you can't either. Also can't wait to hear what you name her!

Ali and Andrew Hyde said...

What the heck... you are 8 months and I am only 5 and I promise I look bigger than you! How does that work?!?!? You look great! Glad you guys got to go on a little vaca! I'm forcing my brother and sister in law to go on a vaca in July cause they never do cause of their kids, and I understand that it is hard to leave them, but you and Tyler need alone time so keep going on trips! Hope you're feeling well! Love Ya!

Nanette said...

Wish you were here in Kansas City! There is the most AMAZING golf course across from the hotel. I shot a round of 18 after class today, and it was awesome. You should fly out and we can shoot some balls together.

In other news, I came up with the PERFECT name:
Julissa.

Okay, I can't take the credit, it was in my daily name email. But still, you'll have to do her middle name after me, since I gave you the idea.

Julissa Hosenfeld Waltman. What a nice ring.

Miss you guys!

betsy b said...

otie loves being with me too.

Sarah said...

Love all of the updates! Otie is so cute. I am really glad you could get away with ty!

Nicole said...

So fun. Molly was so excited to see Otie at church!!

Emily said...

I liked the bit about Tyler planning a surprise romantic getaway... Charles planned a surprise datenight last week too! We went to see Robin Hood the day it came out. Charles was sure surprised! Can't wait to see the new baby!

SJ said...

Emily, you are so cute. Looks like you had a great time. Love you lots.