Monday, February 21, 2011

For the record...

Otis is a very friendly, happy and energetic kid (As I write this he is naked, jumping on my back squeezing my neck and tugging at my hair telling me he is going to put me in time out). And I am ignoring him because I do need a time out of my own. A lot of people at church and other places often ask me the same question, "Is he always this fun and happy?"


NO. The answer is NO. I have spent the last hour cleaning poop off every bar and crevice of the crib and toddler pictured above. I was enjoying a cupcake all to myself celebrating that both kids were napping at the same time today. After almost an hour Otis started calling my name. I walked in his room to the most horrific scene of a poop-covered crib, floor and 2 year old (and for the record, this is not the first time this has happened).

After a bath and disgusting clean up job. I went downstairs to find that Otis had dumped out a tub of sour cream and was eating it off the floor. While I was cleaning that up, Otis ran up to Milly's room and jumped in her crib, waking her up. I thought I might die at that point.

I'm sure I will laugh about this adorable toddler phase one day, but today is not that day.

14 comments:

Max Fam said...

Tell Otis he's gonna get a spanking from me. Only I'll make sure he's had a bath first. :)

Candace & Winston said...

Oh emily! This story is hilarious. My little brother was notorious for doing that. They are sooooo cute. we are missing you guys! If you need a break.. send otie to Denver, anytime :)

Cherie said...

Oh this too will pass, but it probably doesn't seem like soon enough right now. Tomorrow is another day. Love you!
xoxo

Karen said...

Oh dear. I've gone in to Brooke's room with her completely naked...luckily she hasn't peed or pooped anywhere though! That really doesn't sound fun! The joys of toddler-hood!

Heidi said...

Oh man... I would have shut myself in the bathroom and cried. Yuck, yuck, yuck.

Christine said...

I don't know whether to laugh or be disgusted. I think I will go with the laugh.

Nanette said...

Wow, what a day! To reward yourself for staying sane, you need to ditch the craziness and come to Snowbird on Friday! :)

Jenn said...

oh, how many times i have thought about duct taping a diaper onto a little bottom...you poor girl. i feel for you in so many ways. yet, i'm glad to get a laugh out of it too, because like you, when things like that happen to me, i am doing anything but laughing...

Becky said...

Ahhh. I don't know if I've had a day quite like that... And if I did, I really don't think I'd be able to keep my cool. Here's to hoping for better days!

Sarah said...

em. i can totally relate. miss you.

Chris, Alissa, Parker, and Tenley said...

So funny, but so not funny. We need to get our boys together soon.

Krista said...

oh my goodness! it will be funny to look back on, i'm sure of it.
thankfully most of our poopcidents have been in the bathtub. still gross, but a bit easier to clean up.

Kate said...

emily i am cracking up!!! re-reading it to eric and dying. can't wait to see you this week!!

Kate Nazif said...

I am now catching up on all your posts. Zaid is very similar. I ask my parents often if they would like a two a a half year old. It does get easier with age... or maybe that is just the girl. oy. come visit!