Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Milly 8 months

At 8 months Milly has turned into a food-lover. Obvious from those squishy cheeks that I love so much. Her favorite at the moment are peas. She will bang on the table if you aren't feeding her fast enough, it is so funny. I love how she uses her little thumb and pointer as pincers to get cheerios into her mouth.


She is sweet and mellow as ever and is happiest just sitting near Otie and watching him play. She is starting to get protective of toys and doesn't appreciate her brother stealing things from her. She seems to be getting close to crawling- starting to rock on all fours and reach for things. But I wouldn't mind if she held off crawling for a little while longer.

She still rocks dreadlocks on the back of her head most days and has cute little curls on one side of her head and totally straight hair on the other. It's the cutest.

Milly loves jewelry. She especially loves it when I wear necklaces while nursing and will just run her fingers along it while she eats. She loves peek-a-boo and giggles when Otie jumps around her screaming words that he's made up.

Gone are the days when Milly was a champion sleeper, but we love her anyway. She wakes up once or twice a night these days. I've been telling myself that I won't feed her in the night anymore because I don't think she's hungry but sometimes I do anyway. I know that these late night snuggles won't last forever.

5 comments:

Ali and Andrew Hyde said...

I LOVE chubby cheeks! They are SO much fun to kiss! Milly is SO freaking cute! I am SO sorry about your other post about the poop everywhere, that sucks. I had a hard day the other day too and I was telling my mom that I'm sure I will look back when I have more kids and laugh at my "hard life" with one kid. You are such a great mom! And, NO, those late night snuggles won't last forever. Go listen to Taylor Swift, "Never Grow Up," and grab some tissues cause you'll cry it is SO cute!

Nicole said...

She is so so adorable! I saw her last night with your mom, and she is just cute!! ANd oh my, saw the post before about Otis! Ha ha. Wow, you are always busy with that boy!!

Chris, Alissa, Parker, and Tenley said...

She is so sweet and cute!

Max Fam said...

get that little girl to VA QUICK!

Cherie said...

here here. Get to VA to really test what you are made of!