Wednesday, July 6, 2011

...and we're back...

This is a picture of me right now as I type this...just to give you a clear idea of how I'm doing.
Back to London. Just like the first time around, it's taking some time to adjust. Coming with two kids makes everything ALOT harder. We're happy to be back and have loved seeing old friends though. Let's just say the flight was less than pleasant and leave it at that.

Ready to check in at the airport
the good bye was not easy for the Grandmas
or Milly

It was hilarious trying to get all our luggage in
And here is a pic of the kids tonight watching trains out our window. We're staying in temporary housing in Canary Wharf. Jet lag has not been good to us- but now we've got them going to bed by 10pm so things are looking up.
So we've been staying in temporary housing for almost 2 weeks now. Our first fun surprise was that Tyler had to start work a week earlier than we had planned on so we only had 6 days to look for flats together (I still feel like a poser calling apartments flats- but that's what they're called).

We didn't find one the first week so I've had the privilige of navigating the trains and busses and seeing places alone with the 2 kids. They've been troopers...and they've spent more time in the stroller than they ever have in their lives...and they've cried...alot.

Still homeless, but at least we're together. Otis points to every single person smoking on the street (which is about 99% of people) and says, "Look mom! They're blowing Holy Smokes!" It was funny at first. But he's comepletely fascinated with cigarettes and has to ask everyone what they're doing. So awkward.

8 comments:

Meg said...

I miss you already..makes me sad I won't be running into you at the local Costco, gold's gym, or bikram for that matter:( Good luck finding a flat.

Max Fam said...

great post! love the pic of you pulling your hair out. you're not alone, you don't have to go to London to do that :) Miss you! xoxoxoxo

Cherie said...

My oh my, what a great post. Thanks for the updated pictures. Miss off of you!
xoxo

Heidi said...

What? Flying overseas with two kids isn't a blast? Good luck with the flat finding!

Kate said...

em! so glad to see an update! good luck on the house hunt and know that we are praying for you guys!

Kate Nazif said...

My heart breaks for your mom. I know how the grandmas feel- been there for a long time. But, you'll be back soon when the kids will remember and it'll be great. Stay strong and enjoy M&S perfectly packaged fruit and Tesco's faux twix.

Nanette said...

Oh, I can not tell you how excited I am to have all of these posts on my midnight shift. I will savor each one. Oh, and Otis is hilarious. Holy Smokes!

Kate Nazif said...

Yes, I'm sitting here commenting on all your blogposts. I'm catching up. Laith is wearing the same PJ's that Milly has on! Costco... You're gonna miss it.