Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Avenue Lodge

That's the name of the building of flat is in. Sounds so cozy, doesn't it? Well, I'm writing this as I sit in Otie's car seat in the middle of an empty room. We've moved in and our air shipment arrived with clothes, random curtains that I didn't mean to take from our house, Oties scooter and some blankets. Here are a few pics taken with our laptop.

Meal time on the floor--Otie calls it his restaurant
Oh speaking of cooking. I spent an hour trying to get our stove top to work yesterday. I thought it was a normal electric kind but it kept flashing saying there was no pan on the "hot plate" even though the plan was clearly there. So I was trying all sorts of tricks to push the pan down hard and doing anything to make the stove realize the pan was there. Well, after finding the manual, it's an induction stovetop that will only work with "ferromagnetics or high quality stainless steel pans". Great.
He's just mad because I'm touching his obedient chart, he was actually quite proud he'd filled it all the way up. I HAD to try something new to get this child to listen to me when we were out and about town. It's actually really working. He loves earning a sticker. I'm thinking of copyrighting this version I made and selling it at scrapbook stores--I'm so crafty.
Milly is walking everywhere now and she thinks she can ride a scooter. It's hilarious. She gets desperately upset when Otis takes it away from her.
Me and Otis usually fight over who gets to sit in his car seat when we're home.
Milly loves this card board box
Milly taking a nap on our luxurious bed

15 comments:

Karen said...

From what I can see your flat looks darling! hopefully you get your furniture soon! PS...I had a dream that I asked you if your flat had 3 bedroom and you told me it had 13! That made me decide to come visit you! Very weird.

Cherie said...

Oh my goodness. What darling pictures.Thanks for the up date.
I'm dying to plan a trip. especially if you have 13 rooms!
xoxo

Max Fam said...

milly looks soooo much bigger in this post. I see her on the webcam, but can't really tell. She is a toddler now!
I'm glad mom is planning a trip. Hope it works out as well as the trip she planned to visit Owen for his birthday :)

Justin Mandy and Girls said...

Your ......flat:) like really nice! What an adventure!! Your kids are as darling as ever!

Ginger said...

I agree. That flat is adorable and so are you and those kids! Yes, Milly is a KID. What happened, has it been that long? :(

Amanda Waite said...

Emily your place looks so cute! Hopefully I can come over and play someday! :)
xoxo

Heidi said...

As comfortable as Otie's car seat looks, I hope you get your furniture soon!

Heidi said...

P.S. I should try your obedient chart. Right now I'm using candy bribes for just about everything.

Peggy Waltman said...

Love the pictures! Fantastic that you are keeping a sense of humor. Your flat looks really nice. Miss you and love you. thanks for the updates!

Kate said...

i love your place! i love those windows. and i love that you can fit in otis's carseat:) we miss you guys! UT isn't the same without you when we visit. love you!

Melanie said...

Oh it is so fun to see you family in pictures! We miss you! What an adventure.

Christine said...

All of those pictures are just perfect. I love the first one of the kids eating. So sweet. I sure hope that things are going well and that you get settled. Moving overseas with two kids sounds tough.

Sarah said...

i know i should not be laughing. but seriously i am. your place looks amazing, and you look happy. i miss you. thanks for the update.

Marnae said...

Oh my friend. I love you and love that you are still as witty and up beat as can be. You and those kiddos...perfect.

Kate Nazif said...

The place looks great! Much better than what we used to have. Your kitchen looks identical to our London one- That was my favorite part about our apt. You look happy too! Kids are adorable as always.