Friday, August 5, 2011

Beating the heat

It's been pretty hot by London standards lately and since we don't have AC we've been spending our days at The Lido in Hyde park, the paddling pool at Hampstead Heath and Swiss Cottage fountains.
waiting for the bus...
uhhh...give me back my gun kid
Princess Diana Memorial
The Blue Bridge in St. James Park- my new favorite spot in the city
thinking about using this next one for our Christmas card because we're all so photogenic
Swiss Cottage Fountains
These pictures only show the fun part. I wish I had pictures that could capture the past 2 hours I've spent trying to get the kids to go to bed in the same room of our (still) unfurnished place or the exhaustion I feel after a whole day of chasing after Otis to prevent him from getting his by a bus or begging/bribing him to get in the stroller so we can get somewhere in less than 2 hours, or of me dragging my double stroller up and down the stairs to get to the tube....but for some reason I don't feel like snapping a photo during these other precious moments.

13 comments:

Karen said...

You are such a trooper. Love the pics and love Milly and Otis. I already miss you (which is funny because I didn't see you a ton to start out with). Sorry for the bad times. I guess we all need them to keep us focused on the positive right?! And hurray for sleep issues. They are the BEST!

Weed Family said...

I am sure it is really hard--but all I have to say is that looking at all the pictures in this post and previous posts is that-- your kids are happy and sweet and smiling. And that's all that matters. You are a wonderful mother.

Nanette said...

I wish I was there to help you bribe Otis to get in his stroller, or chase him in the street, or help you carry your stroller up and down stairs.....

Nanette said...

By the way, I think Otis needs to get a tighter swimsuit if he's going to fit in there! :)

Max Fam said...

what fun! I want to move to London.

Kate said...

ahhhh! em you are amazing! so sorry you are still unfurnished. but look at all the fun you are creating... seriously you are awesome! love you all.

Mandi said...

It is so cute to see Milly walking pushing that little stroller in the cutest swimsuit ever. Miss you guys.

Kate Nazif said...

Super cute, but I hear you on the last paragraph. Hang in there.

Nicole said...

Such fun places! Yes, you are definitely a trooper! What did you sign up for?! Kidding!! You are a good sport for getting out and doing things. For your sake I hope it cools down!!

Becky said...

Whew. I'm glad you're getting out and having some good times with the kiddos... Sorry about the tough times! Thinking about you.

Melanie said...

You make moving to London with 2 children a breeze and so much fun. I know it hasn't all been easy but you are an amazing person and mother! Love the posts.

Peggy Waltman said...

Looks so fun! Love you all! Peggy/Mom

Mike and Sarajane said...

We miss you guys so much! Milly is sooo cute in those skinny jeans. So fun to hear Otie's little voice. I really need to get Skype up and running. Love you all.