Thursday, May 31, 2012

Aqaba, Salt, Amman and saying Goodbye

 I have never been emotional when leaving a vacation, but I was when we arrived at the airport in Amman to head back to London. I will never forget the warm welcome we felt by the people of Jordan.
 Lily sneaking a kiss from my son...
 Otis holding his snake to watch the iPad with him--I love this.
 Little Petra
Swimming and snorkeling in the Red Sea in Aqaba
 We celebrated Ty's birthday in Jordan. Hasan surprised him and arranged for a delicious cake at a cool outdoor coffee shop. We were overwhelmed by his thoughtfulness.
 SALT. Salt was an awesome, authentic town-seemingly untouched by tourism.
 Amman was a very cool (and crowded!) city.
 Amman Citadel
 I will never forget the fresh lemon-mint drinks and the amazing food.
 Our last afternoon in Jordan we spent at Hasan's house. We just hung out on his patio, ate and the kids played together. I feel like I have family in Jordan. I was close to tears when we said goodbye to Hasan.
Ty bought this hat in Petra because the sun was so intense. He gave it to Hasan's son Ali.

 Milly and Bana
 Our souvenir rug makes me happy every time I open then door. What cherished memories I will always have of Jordan.

4 comments:

shannon said...

Totally loved visiting Jordan again tonight via your blog! Loved reading it all! I heart Jordan, and Hasan!

Meg said...

Loving all the kissing going on in these pictures!

Blake said...

oh my gosh!! this is amazing emily. i feel like i am there-what a cool trip. how cool to experience such a different place with your kiddos. it's awesome. and yay for being blog buddies!!

Blake said...

and oops, i'm signed in as Blake =)