Thursday, May 8, 2008

22 weeks and growing....


I was in desperate need for some maternity clothes, so I was at the store trying some jeans on and couldn't decide on the size. So I went out to ask the girls working what they thought. One of the girls said, "Well, how far along are you?" and I told her about 5 months. And she said, "oh you're huge! When my cousin was 5 months, she was smaller than you. Now she's 8 months and looks like a whale!" So having no idea how to respond and I gave an awkward laugh and said, "ok, so go for the bigger size?" I could've been offended, but she really was a nice girl from Russia and it was just really funny.

My point is, I'm getting huge. But I love being pregnant, I constantly feel little kicks and bumps from the little man reminding me he's there. It's the best.

This picture especially makes me feel good next to slim and trim little Betsy

16 comments:

Nanette said...

Isn't it interesting how tact is different in every country?

Max Fam said...

You need maternity clothes???? What? Didn't you get a bunch of them when your sister visited you?

Diana said...

I don't think you look huge at all. I love your little bump. . .and you won't look like a whale!

Becky said...

Emily- you look so great...and you are not huge! I hope you are having a good time being pregnant, it's so much fun. and I hope you are enjoying Karen's company! Good luck with your pregnancy, and you will miss that pregnant belly just a little bit when it's gone! Becky (shaw) alder

Whitney said...

Ok so you are TINY!! But that is a pretty funny story! jake likes to sing Fergies "Big Girls Don't Cry" song to me, just to let me know that I'm as big as a house! I'm so happy for you and excited to meet your little guy! R U going to in Utah at all this summer? What about Christmas this year?

Britters and Parx said...

Oh you are sooo darling!!!!

Sarah said...

oh em, just wait. it gets bigger and bigger and you just don't think you can get any bigger and you do. and i still have 6 1/2 weeks to go!

Sarah said...

oh em, just wait. it gets bigger and bigger and you just don't think you can get any bigger and you do. and i still have 6 1/2 weeks to go!

broadwater said...

You look ravishing. Who took that picture. I would say your face is aglow but I can't see it. Happy Mother's day. We love you and Baby boy waltman

Christine said...

You are not huge at all!

Becky said...

You don't look huge, but I know the feeling... I was showing at 3 months.

Bryan and Marissa said...

Em- you are so tiny and cute! i love the little belly

Marnae said...

Emily you are such a cute pregnant woman. At least you get to wear someting other than scrubs. I take that back, Scrubs is definately the way to do pregnant. Chiche and oh so comfy. I miss you but am all aglow(not pregnancy aglow) that you are going to be in town in July. Miss miss miss you and am already in love with that baby boy.

Staci Davies said...

Cuttest little bump you've got! Hey, I need your e-mail so I can add you to my list. If that's okay? My e-mail is staci_davies126@yahoo.com. Thanks

Tiffany said...

Ok. So I seriously don't think that girl has ever seen a pregnant person. You are soooo not huge! you are tiny! I can't believe you're already 5 months! I'm not sure what shipping costs are like but my favorite jeans are the demi panel from gap. If you buy them a size smaller than what you usually wear, it's like wearing your normal jeans with an elastic waist... good luck! you look beautiful!

Nicole said...

Oh geez, don't believe her!