Saturday, May 3, 2008

Weekend in Wales

We've had a full house this week with my parents in town and Betsy staying with us since she's finished her study abroad here. It has been a blast! We rented a car and drove up to northern England then on to Wales. We didn't have a set agenda or plans to go anywhere specific, we would just drive until we found a cool town and stay in little Bed & Breakfasts.

Lucky for the rest of us, Ty has been slower at work and was able to come with us for the weekend. My dad and Ty were a perfect team with Ty navigating and my dad driving in the opposite side of the car on the opposite side of the road while the girls just got to snack and chat in the back.

Waiting at the bus stop to get to the rental car place- we were showing off how light we packed

Hiking along the coast in St. David- there were miles and miles of trails


Stonehenge

The roman baths in Bath

We found one B&B early in the afternoon and as we were walking around we saw a sign leading up to a golf course. So of course Ty wanted to check it out. He ended up golfing a whole round, it was the most beautiful course. I went with him planning on only walking a few holes- but the course ended up weaving through the mountains and there was no chance for me to get out early. The course was along huge sheep fields with views of the Wales countryside. Halfway through we got up to an amazing view of the Irish Sea. I really had fun walking with him, but by the end I was using golf clubs as canes, it was a pretty funny scene- I was exhausted




My parents on the pier in Llandundno


We saw these wild mountain billy goats along the road and had to stop and do a little yodeling

The castle where they do the investiture of Prince of Wales
My parents dancing in the castle

11 comments:

betsy b said...

sweet post em! i'm glad you posted the trip, so i don't have to.
we sure missed you HMO!

KILLER TRIP!

fancy another welsh breakfast?

Max Fam said...

I wish I wasn't so selfish and that I could be happy you were all together there without me, but I'm not. I'm sad I missed all the fun. Stop making KY look so awesome.

xoxo.

Nicole said...

How fun! Great pics. And I love the last one where you can see your belly :)

The Waites said...

How fun! You're family is so great. I love the baby bump too, Em!!

Bryan and Marissa said...

Cute little belly Emily! What fun places there are to go over there!

McKenzie said...

Oh my gosh Em, you are the most adorable prego in the whole world!!! Congrats on having a little boy!! I knew it all along. I love you and miss you tons!

PS Tell Ty that I had a dream I got in a fight with a tiger...and I won! Tell him I was glad it wasn't a lion:)

Christine said...

Oh, my, it looks amazing!

Whitney said...

What an awesome trip! You're little belly is so cute! I love it! I have to do a double take because I'm used to your flat belly! Oh by the way, I gave my mom your email... I guess she needed to get in touch with your mom for some reason while she was over there. Hope you don't mind!

broadwater said...

I can't believe last week I was in Wales. Betsy's right Killer Trip...
But Kentucky and those rolling green hills is hard to beat. Especially the people we love there.

Nanette said...

That looks so fun! Wish I could've been there!

Becky said...

Cool cool sites!!!