Sunday, September 19, 2010

I'm two!

Sept 11, 2010

Dear Otis,

Today you are 2 years old. When I went to get you out of bed this morning, you were already singing, “Happy Birthday to Otie-man”. I love spending every waking moment with you. And with you, there is never a dull moment. You are all boy. You love to play in the mud, sand and water- you love to be dirty. Every day we go through at least 2 outfits because one is either covered in mud or soaking wet. And you LOVE to be naked. Just the other day I looked outside and you had taken all your clothes and diaper off and were riding your scooter around naked with only your helmet.

You have such a strong will and insist on doing everything by yourself. You love keys and will beg anyone with keys to let you drive. You also love waterbottles and will steal any that you can get your hands on. We went to the beach a few months ago and you still ask us every day if we had fun surfing.

Your memory for people’s names is better than mine. You know everyone’s name at church and now you like to ask strangers what their name is and if they are chewing gum. Your memory for songs is also impressive. The other day I was singing the “ABC song” and got distracted and stopped and then you just started where I left off and finished the song. I didn’t know you knew any of it! And you have been singing “Happy Birthday” since July. You love music and LOVE to dance.

You don’t have many signs of baby left in you. You like to play with the big kids. But sometimes you still ask me to hold you and “Rock-a-bye” you. And at night you always have to make sure your “toesie-wosies” are covered. You are the best big brother. You are getting better at being soft with your sister and whenever she cries you run over to her and ry to put her binki in and say, “It’s ok Mill, don’t be sad”. You are so social and LOVE to talk. You ask me a million times a day, “what are you doing? Where are we going? Where is grandma? When is daddy coming home?”

I always say that I love you so much I think it might make my heart explode. But the last few days I also say that I can’t go one more second without getting a lock on the fridge because you like to open it and take things out and dump them out. I’ve tried 2 locks and you have broken through them both. You are definitely a naughty little 2 year old and most days by the time you go to bed, I feel like I’m about ready to pass out- but you are also the sweetest. Whenever I cough or hurt myself you ask if I’m ok and insist on kissing my “owies”.

I love you and can’t wait to see what this next year brings with you.

Happy Birthday.

Love,

Mom


9 comments:

Christine said...

doesn't time fly! That picture with his buns is hilarious!

Candace & Winston said...

This is the cutest post ever. We miss otie so much. I can't believe how big milly has gotten! love you guys.

Jen christensen said...

Oh. My. Gosh. That first picture made me laugh out loud. Naked baby on a scooter. And the second looks like he's some high adventure nature lover. He is hilarious!

Heidi said...

He is so cute. I love the picture of riding his scooter naked. Ha. Also, are those big boy undies already?! Impressive Em!

Sarah said...

Eliza is also OBSESSED with opening the fridge and being naked. the fridge thing is driving me crazy and so is the take the clothes off thing. I couldn't read this post without tearing up a bit, because I miss you and Otie very much! We love him and you all. I am a little teary.

Becky said...

What a sweet letter. What an awesome little guy.

Max Fam said...

Love you Otis. Best 2 year old on the planet.

Nanette said...

Seriously, he may look like Ty when he smiles, but from the back, he's all Broadwater!! :)

Britters and Parx said...

oh my gosh, that naked shot on the scooter is HILARIOUS!!!!! I was laughing out loud! Glad you caught that on camera. =) And p.s., Milly is SO stinkin cute! =)