Wednesday, September 22, 2010

LOTOJA 2010

Ty did the 206 mile bike ride from Logan to Jackson a few weeks ago. I am so proud of him for doing it. He trained so hard all summer. He sacrificed alot of sleep for training, I don't know how he did it every morning. It felt like the middle of the night to me sometimes when I would hear him leaving to go for a ride.
At the FINISH!! He finished in 12 hours and 6 minutes- when I saw him at the finish I secretly thought to myself, "whoa, I haven't noticed that pot belly before", but it was just so distended from all the food and water he drank during the ride. funny. or not really,
Waiting at the finish line. My dad drove up with me the and kids. I think he should win Grandpa of the Year award for his performance on the drive up. I was really sick and had lost my voice so he entertained Otis for the whole drive. I would guess that he sang "Happy Birthday" to Otis at least 50 times.
He started riding in the dark and freezing cold
Tyler's mom was his support car and did such an amazing job! He couldn't have done it without her. She was so prepared with anything and everything that he needed during the long ride. He was so grateful for her help.

2 comments:

Max Fam said...

Congrats Ty! You're a champ.

Kate said...

way to go! that is AWESOME ty!