Friday, September 24, 2010

Potty training?

As I was sitting on my bathroom floor this morning nursing Milly (I know, yuck) while cheering Otis on for going on the potty and trying to prevent him from reaching in to touch his poop, I thought to myself,

I need a raise.”

Otis has decided in the last few weeks that he doesn’t want to wear diapers anymore. He loves going on the toilet. We have spent more time in the bathroom in the last week than I think I have in my whole life. I had no desire to potty train right now, but decided to just let him go on the potty whenever he asks…which has turned out to be alot more often than I bargained for.

He makes it to the toilet on time alot of the time. But also at least 10 times a day he will tell me frantically that he has to go, only to go in there and have him squeeze out a tiny drop and say he needs a potty treat. Or if we are out or at a store he'll tell me he needs to go then we go find a bathroom and he'll just want to play with the hand dryer, toilet paper, flusher (yuck again, I hate public bathrooms). I am so exasperated by it all. So maybe this is just a phase and we’ll go back to diapers? Or maybe he will get it one of these days?

Until then, you can find me on the bathroom floor cheering, wiping, cleaning... and nursing.

10 comments:

SJ said...

Laughed out loud when I read your post. Otis is so cute. Miss you terribly. Sending all my love.

Karen said...

Yeah...not ready for that! I mean it would be nice to be out of diapers, but I'm not ready for all the accidents and sitting on the bathroom floor.

Nanette said...

He'll get it one of these days. You're an amazing mom!

Max Fam said...

Go Otie, go Otie, hey! hey! hey!! You can do it!!!

Kate said...

haha! love it em!

Marnae said...

Oh Em, put a bid on the house next door. I am moving to be near you and that hilarious boy of yours. You are such a good mom. I miss you terribly and am waiting for you to announce you are taking a trip to the Pac-north. We could have A LOT of fun.
loves and doves

Nicole said...

I loved the post too! Too funny Emily!!! Hopefully this will pay off and you will no longer be on the bathroom floor!!

Sarah said...

reading this post is like being here at my house. nursing everywhere, me resisting potty training, and eliza wanting it! ahh. just seeing O in his undies and boots made me happy! so cute.

Becky said...

What I would give for a son eager to potty-train...

Kate Nazif said...

Zaid loves to go to the potty too! we just put a little potty in the playroom so i can avoid sitting on the bathroom floor. there are accidents all over right now but he won't wear pull ups. I think go for it, while you have the window of time when he's interested. its great when they are out of diapers. good luck!!