Sunday, March 1, 2009

Happy Birthday Godmother!!

Today Otie's Godmother turns the big 25!! A Godmother is someone who promises to help raise the child. And, let's face it- we're going to need all the help we can get. I can't think of a better example for Baby O. I won't be surprised if he says "Nanny" before "Mommy".

I don't know of an easier person to love than Nanette. She is never-ending fun. She can put me into an uncontrollable giggle fit to get us kicked out of school. From 7th grade on, I basically wanted to be her, but since I couldn't do that I just spent every waking hour with her until I got married.

She is beautiful, witty, spontaneous and deep. Somehow she is the biggest slacker I know but also the smartest and most hard working- which I think is the perfect combo. Her adventurous spirit has helped her travel the world. At one point we were playing cards in the back of our calculus class because we were so far from passing, but somehow she ended up sailing through the highest level of math classes at the U. She has more talent to boast about than anyone, but remains the most humble down to earth person and I love her. I love her more than she will ever know.

I only wish that we could've kept our tradition today of eating pie on the roof of our car at Brighton today...but maybe an online game of scrabble will have to do.

2 comments:

Nanette said...

I shouldn't have read that at work. It almost made me cry!! One of my very favorite memories is eating pie on the top of the Suburban at Brighton. Hopefully next year we can celebrate together!!

Chris, Alissa, Parker, and Tenley said...

That is so sweet! IT almost made me cry too! You guys are so lucky that you have stayed so close. I have to admit, I am a little jealous.