Sunday, March 15, 2009

They can take away Ty's job, but they can't take away our FREEEEEDOM!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDF7QogcFmU&feature=related

We felt like we were in the movie 'Braveheart' the whole time we were traveling in Scotland. It was breathtaking and amazing and maybe our favorite place we've been. We decided that our new motto is, "When life hands you lemons-Travel. Then find a job".

St. Andrews- the birthplace of golf. Sounded boring to me, but ended up being a cool college town with so much energy mixed with cool ruins and an awesome quaint feel.
Edinburgh Castle- inspired J.K. Rowling's Hogwarts!



Edinburgh was such an amazing city. We loved the Royal Mile and all the cobble-stoned streetsPoor Otie was getting over a little cough and it was pretty cold so he had to view Scotland through the rain cover of the stroller (I'm going to get out of the habit of calling it "buggy" so I don't sound like a complete loser in Utah).



Ty was very excited to be able to play the Old Course at St. Andrews. He played with this group of Scotsmen which made for a very authentic experience

Swilken Bridge at the 18th Hole
Teeing off at the Road Hole
I love you Scotland.

13 comments:

Max Fam said...

who needs a job! I say travel the world while Otis is still free on flights.

Cherie said...

That looks beautiful. Sorry I couldn't be there to at least babysit. xoxo

Ian and Kristin said...

Wow! Scotland looks beautiful! Now I want to go! :)

Nanette said...

That looks amazing. Not as amazing as you coming home though!! :)

SJ said...

Em,

I loved Scotland more than any where else!! It was my favorite place I have ever visited, besides Lithuania of course.

Love you lots

Karen said...

I'm so glad you guys got to go over to Scotland before you left!! Edinburgh is still our favorite town over there! It was just amazing! And Bryce will be jealous that Tyler got to play golf at St. Andrews! We got a picture of the bridge...but not that good of a picture! :)

Britters and Parx said...

So when are you moving back? Did Ty get to finish out a few weeks or was it like one day he had a job and the next he didn't? I REALLY like your motto...when life hands you lemons...TRAVEL!! I think I"m going to steal it! ha! =)

Dave and Miranda said...

I like the motto-I could use some travel, but would like to avoid the "lemons" any ideas? I think I'd like to start calling our stroller a buggy...maybe you should bring it home and trend-set!

Christine said...

LOVE that motto!

Heidi said...

GREAT motto.

Heather Strong said...

That is so cool! My favorite part are the Scotsmen!

Nicole said...

Ok I'm not going to show this post to Justin because he would be sooooo JEALOUS! He is ADDICTED/OBSESSED with golf and would die to go there! What a fun opportunity! It looks gorgeous and I'm so glad you guys still get to travel even with the little one!

And I love that you call it a buggy and no one will make fun here :)

Jillyn said...

I love the title, totally cracked me up! Looks like such a fun trip, well cold but really cool! Thanks for the info on the scooter, I found them here on amazon! :)
Oh and don't worry about the vocab, Joey still calls it her nappy! I think it is so cute I haven't bothered to correct her!