Friday, June 13, 2008

Reasons to celebrate!!

My parents celebrated their 29th wedding anniversary yesterday!! They've been in love since the 7th grade and are still going strong.Happy Anniversary!! We love you!

And speaking of celebrating...my ward gave me a baby shower this week!! Thanks to everyone who came and helped put it together, it was so much fun. I'm so mad, I had my camera in my bag but never got it out...so no pictures. But we got some really cute outfits (that I still have laid out on my couch because I love walking past them and imagining our our baby wearing them) and some awesome books. I really should take some pictures of the cute things we got and post them. During the shower, everyone wrote down some advice and then read it out. My favorite piece of advice is to have Tyler wake up in the night and change the babe's diaper before I feed him. He was thrilled about that one.

While everyone was giving their advice it kind of hit me for the first time that I'm not just going to be pregnant forever but that I'm actually going to have a baby to take care of. And the distinct words came to mind "Oh crap...I have no idea what I'm doing." Then that night we watched "Juno" which we loved (thanks Jill) and I cried during the most random parts of the movie- especially during the giving birth scene...am I really going to do that?

10 comments:

Max Fam said...

you don't need to know what you're doing! that's the great thing. it just comes naturally! the baby fire hoses you, and you learn to change a nappy faster than you can say pee in the face! you'll be an amazing mommy. ralphy is lucky to have you.

check the family blog.

Karen said...

How fun to have a baby shower! I have a few outfits and I've done the same thing...just lay them out on my floor so I can look at them! I also can't stop looking at my ultrasound pics! I LOVE it! You know...I'm really not scared about the labor part, I'm scared about the healing after labor part! EEEKKK!!

broadwater said...

Thanks for the anniversary wish.
I do still love your dad after all these 29 fabulous years.
xoxo
mom
ps. 11 days and counting

Nicole said...

I still haven't seen Juno, but you know, you figure it out! And you have a sister and mom and tons of friends who can help with whatever you want/need to know!! Isn't it great that you don't have to do it alone?

Jillyn said...

Sorry Em, but the movie doesn't have anything on the real thing! Not to freak you out even more! I'm glad Ty liked the advice! And so glad I got to go to your babe shower! It was kind of rough, now you really know what you are in for, watching all the kids run crazy!

God Save The Queen! (so excited!)

Marnae said...

Yes you have to do that and I think your sister is right. You will learn to know what to do with your own little babe. You will find parts of yourself you didn't know existed(some you will like others may suprise you) But Em, the truth is, you are going to love it and love him and love your husband even more and there will be so much love you may be a tad overwhelmed. You are gonna rock this mama gig. WHOO go you.

Amy said...

Isn't it amazing when you start to realize that you're going to have a baby? And not just "have" as in give birth, but also "have" as in have around in your apartment, in your car (do you have a car over there), on your shoulder, and eventually crawling and then running around your place.

Christine said...

I totally did the same thing-laid out all of her outfits and got so excited thinking my little baby was going to be in them! You will be a great mom and it will just come naturally! You really can't go wrong as long as you love him, feed him, bathe him, and change his diaper!

Nanette said...

You're going to be the best mom EVER! It is still so crazy to me that you're having a baby though. I don't think it will feel real until it happens!!

Studio 7 Interior Design, Kristen Rockwood said...

Hey Emily! It's Kristen Castleberry Rockwood. I just found your blog from Nanette's. Its good to see you so happy! Congrats on the baby on the way! And when did you move to London!? How awesome for you! :) Well, fill me in and check out our blog too... www.therockwoodtimes.blogspot.com