Friday, June 20, 2008

Fun in the sun!

We've had some beautiful weather in London the last few weeks so I've spent a lot of time at this paddling pool in the Heath with the boys I nanny. It's such a perfect pool for kids because it never gets deeper than about knee-length.
I really love these boys like family. I have so much fun with them. They are so excited and curious about the baby in my tummy. A couple of times a day Theo, the younger one, will just stop what he's doing and come over and rub my tummy and say, "Hi baby Theo" (he thinks I should name him Theo). Alex, on the other hand, thinks the baby is boring and just asks me why the baby never comes out so he can see him

I had a hard time getting them both to look at the camera at once- Alex didn't want to take time out of being a sea monster to take a picture

Theo being a sea turtle. He walked around the whole pool like this for almost an hour. If I'd call his name, he'd yell back to me, "I'm not Theo, I'm a sea turtle".

A lot of posts this week- I've been trying to get all caught up because we're moving (in the same area, just to a place where we can actually fit a crib) and won't have the internet for awhile...it took 2 months to set up the first time, so hopefully it doesn't take that long again!

15 comments:

Karen said...

That looks like a Great pool for kids! How nice! Have you even thought of baby names yet?? I'm excited to see you in a week! Good luck with moving!

Nanette said...

I love all the posts!
The sea turtle thing is SO funny. I was trying not to laugh, because I'm reading this at work :)

Those kids look SO cute! I just wish we could hear their accents in the pictures!

Can't wait to see you in 2 DAYS!!!!

Nanette said...

one more day!!!

Jillyn said...

Yeah that pool pretty much rocks! Can't wait to visit again when you are nine months preg and just want to sit in the water! (been there, done that!)
Hope the move went well!
Have fun on your trip! and remember to stock up!

Becky said...

You look so darn cute, Em!

Nicole said...

How fun! Cute, cute boys!

Meg said...

Emily, how fun to be a nanny-the best job ever! Your boys look darling! How fun! Can't wait to see you soon.

Whitney said...

How cute are those boys?! So cute. I'm assuming ur in utah now... how long r u staying? I will be there july 3rd, I hope ur still there!

Justin Mandy and Girls said...

Hey Emily its Mandy(westenskow) Anderson! I was so excited to see you are a blogger! You look great and congrats! I added you to my blog andersonbabygirl.blogspot.com hope all is well!!

Christine said...

How precious! I love that one of them is wearing a speedo-so European. Your tummy is adorable

Joyce said...

Cute pics. We need to make it to that pool. It rocks! I am sad I won't see you again but we will definitely keep in touch and be watching your blog!

Janessa Whatcott said...

How much fun you have been having!! I love the concert with your cute little family!! THose boys are so lucky to have you!! And Holy Cow the Queen of England and the little soldiers!! I love it!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Emily, I found your blog through Karen. I cant believe what an amazing life you are leading! Good for you! Congrats on being prego!PS I love LONDON!

Star (LaPoint) Taylor

Kim said...

Hey guys! I keep meaning to comment and let you know that our trip to Europe is postponed until next summer:( My sister and brother in law we were going with got too stressed out with a house they are building so they changed our tickets for next summer instead. we're pretty bummed about it but we'll be there next year if you're still there we would LOVE to see you guys!

Heather Strong said...

Hi Emily Broadwater! It is me! Heather Sonnenberg! I am totally blog-stalking. How are you?? So I noticed you have Denise and Brandon Gardner as your friends - Denise is my cousin! Small world!