Saturday, June 7, 2008

My friend, the genius.

Congratulations to Nanette for getting accepted to the U of U Law School!! She basically took the LSAT for fun and just applied to the U to keep her options open and of course she got accepted. She hasn't decided if she'll go yet, but it's such an accomplishment to get in. I think she may be telling the U, as Derek Zoolander would say, "she's complimented....but not interested"- for this year at least. We will see!
It was always fun growing up with a genius like Nanette. Especially around the time when ACT scores came out. To avoid telling my own scores, I always mentioned the fact that she got a perfect score on the reading section. I will never forget Nanette reading a book in the cafeteria during lunch and at recess in elementary school. And everywhere we've traveled together, we always would try to pack as light as possible, but somehow each time she finished a book- in record timing, she would pull another one she brought out of her pack. I think she can read faster than anyone I know.

Congrats Nanette, I'm so proud of you!

10 comments:

Karen said...

WOW! Now that's an accomplishment!

McKenzie said...

Em, I miss you! When are you coming home?

Nanette said...

I'm so flattered!! That's what best friends are for.. to make you feel and seem better than you really are. Thanks for the nice post! Can't wait to see you in 15 days!!

Joyce said...

Emily!
I found your blog!!! Yipppeee! How cute to see all your pictures and read all about what you are doing. My email is: jms433@nyu.edu and our blog is: thefarns.blogspot.com come take a peek...I am excited to be able to keep in touch with you when we leave.

broadwater said...

Way to go Nanette!!! You should have told me on the phone.

Heidi said...

I remember that about Nanette too, reading a book at lunch and recess. Way to go Nanette!

Marnae said...

"Some gals have all the luck. Some gals have all the brains." That is just amazing! Good for her. Even if I am a tad jealous that she is so smart. Plus I miss you and your smarty pants. So get here already. SHEESH!

Whitney said...

That is honestly such an accomplishment! CONGRATS NAN! Wow! How long are you going to be in Utah? We are going to be out there for the 4th of July.. you there then?

Sarah said...

your both geniuses. i remember college and your both pretty much the smartest people ever. i also really appreciated your zoolander comment.

Becky said...

That's awesome, Nan!! Yes, you are quite the genius.