Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Baby's first concert

COLDPLAY!! Thanks to Karen and Bryce, we entered a contest to win tickets and we won!! Well, actually, I won, but I decided to take Ty as my date. The concert was in Brixton and was such a blast. The babe and the belly really came through for us a few times- one look at my belly, and a security guard ushered us right inside- avoiding a huge line to get in . And then another crowd control worker led us right to disabled seating where we had a great unobstructed view. I don't think I ever could've lasted standing the whole concert.
Our little man loves Coldplay. It was so amazing- as soon as the first song started, he started kicking like crazy, I think he was definitely feeling the vibration from the music- it was pretty loud.

During one of the last songs, "Yellow", Ty was behind me and he put his hands on my tummy, and as soon as he did, the babe started kicking him. I actually got a little emotional, we were all dancing together- our first 'family moment'.

Chris Martin is an incredible performer. The video we took doesn't do him justice. He's like a little kid that can't hold still. He was jumping up and down, dancing all over the stage and rolling on the ground during every song.

11 comments:

Nanette said...

That looks so fun! How cool that you won free tickets! I can't wait to see you!!

The Waites said...

Em that is so amazing! I love Coldplay! I loved your family moment...I can't wait to see the whole package! :)

Melanie said...

I love reading your blog. I just figured out how to comment. We are excited to see you!

Jame said...

Em!! Sudden random comment from Jamie Johns...I know!! :) I love looking at your and seeing all of the fun things you are doing! You are living my dream right now...I have always wanted to live in England! I should come visit! :) I'm so envious that you got to see Coldplay and see the Queen. How fun!! And you are the most adorable pregnant girl! Congrats!!!!

Britters and Parx said...

Wow, how cool is that??? Man, my husband would be jealous of you!! He's obsessed with coldplay!!!

Jillyn said...

You three sure know how to party! Stoked you got great seats and didn't have to stand the whole time!
So sad you are leaving! Good luck with the packing!

Karen said...

YAY for free tickets! I'm glad you guys won and got to go! It sounds like you had a blast! :)

Whitney said...

How fun is that!? What an awesome concert! I would love to see coldplay... especially for free. I am going to be in utah for about 2.5 weeks in july. Starting July 3rd-23rd. R U going to still be there?

Nicole said...

how awesome that you got the hookup at the concert and that the tickets were free! Can't get any better than that! and you know, i went and saw josh groban (i know, its a bit different than CP) but I didn't feel Molly at all! And i was like 8 1/2 mon. prego! On another note, I made it all the way to the front of the security line in the airport in atlanta because of molly...saving us an 1 1/2 hours! so great!

Christine said...

You won? Wow, that is amazing. How much fun is that?

Jane and Stuart said...

I am sooo jealous! It was fun to see you the other day at your shower.