Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Spain

Last weekend we got cheap flights to Spain. It was a blast. The trip started off with a bang when we arrived at our hostel in the pouring rain and the doors were locked with no lights on at all. Someone eventually showed up to let us in...apparently they don't let anything stop their afternoon siestas.

We went to Pamplona, the city where they do the running of the bulls. I can't believe people really do this.

Training on the street where the bulls run for next month when I come and do it 7 months pregnant.

Spanish Paella....the best meal ever

San Sebastian, the city on the northern coast where we stayed

The Guggenheim Museum in Bilbao



Ty at a Spanish Tapas Bar

Surfing in San Sebastian

...Not surfing in San Sebastian

14 comments:

Bryan and Marissa said...

Em you have such a cute little belly! What fun trips!

Jillyn said...

How fun! i can't wait to go to Spain! I love the pic of Ty in his wet suit and you chillen on the beach! How old is your baby going to be before you teach him to surf?

Karen said...

Man that looks like fun!!! You guys are so lucky to find these cheap vacations! I hope the hostel was an okay one! :) And your little belly sure has grown since I saw you last! I LOVE it!

Catherine said...

I love that you get to have all of these amazing experiences! I live through your blog, love it! p.s. you are a darling prego lady!

Nicole said...

I love it! What a fun trip. And seriously, the running of the bulls, geez, so crazy to me! But it makes for a great pic! :) Can't wait to meet your little one!!

Heidi said...

By far the best thing about living in Europe is Ryan Air and other way cheap airlines. I would move there just for that! Ryan air needs to come to the U.S. of A. How fun for you guys! Spain looks so cool!

Jane and Stuart said...

I would love to go so Spain! I did not know you were pregnant until a few days ago! I need to check peoples blogs more often. Is anyone one having a Chi O Shower for you?

Marnae said...

Em, you are such a cute pregnant woman. Spain looks amazing! Can't wait to see that face for reals.

Britters and Parx said...

Wow...is your life real? That is sooo cool that you are able to see so many countries! I really admire that!! How are you feeling these days?

Joyce said...

looks like a fun trip. I want video of when you do it 7 months pregnant. I can't believe you didn't go surfing....

McKenzie said...

I love this post! You both look so great! And Spain looks AMAZING! Your so cute prgnant Em! I got the evite to your shower today! I can't wait! I love ya!

Christine said...

Okay, so jealous! It all looks amazing, but I must admit that I am SUPER jealous that you got to see the Guggenheim!

Nanette said...

Spain looks awesome! Of course even being pregnant can't slow you down! :)

Becky said...

What a cool trip!